Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2016 12:41:47 PM EDT
Ok i have a PSA 9mm cabine kit, they come with an aluminum magwell adapter and it runs great, loved it so much i built a 9mm pistol and since i got a great deal on a promag 9mm adapter i used that(against my better judgement of using a plastic adapter), but i am having issues with the pistol, i am having a hard time getting the 9mm mags to stay in. Can anyone help? SHould i ditch the  promag adapter and go with a metal one like the KAK? Will that fix the issue?
thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, ditch anything ProMag. I'm sure "some people" are happy with their products, however, far a few between. When I had my AR9  SBR I ran the aluminum adapter and modified Uzi magazines. I NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not read much on the Promag adapters but all the positive posts seem to come from those who ran polymer mags like the Promags. The Promag adaptor didn't run well with metal bodied mags.

Promag is a really hit or miss company, I've tossed a few Promag hi cap mags in the trash but I also have a 9mm Shield hicap mag that's never jammed and a ProMag 7.62x39 AK drum that runs great (this is the only drum that fits my PTR-32, for AK drums spend a few bucks more for a Chinese or Romanian steel drum).

Is the Promag a top loading adaptor? I prefer top loaders but since there's no adjustment you have to make sure you get the right mags. I mainly run a Hahn block and Metalforms, which seem to feed almost fully horizontally, but I've seen older C Products (NOT CPD) mags that seemed to feed higher.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
When I bought my first AR back in the 90s, I bought a Promag 30rd mag (and a couple of FS92 mags about the same time frame)....I never bought another Promag item again. It's one of those "rights of passage" I bet just about everybody goes through and learns the hard way that you get what you pay for. Just part of the learning curve I guess. I've got adapters from Colt (which have to be cross drilled and pinned through the receiver) and the top loading version from Hahn. Both seem to work just fine. Wish I had seen the one offered by KAK because its $30-50 cheaper than either I mentioned and probably works just as good. Saw the Promag block early on and never even considered it as an option.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top