Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2016 10:25:09 AM EDT
Hi - What Muzzle Device has Blast Redirect PLUS Flash Hiding Effective on AR Pistols?

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Brakeout 2.0

ETA: blast redirect as in a brake or comp, or downrange like the KX3?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Surefire SOCOM556-MINI MONSTER.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I should have added- Not a suppressor

Would like Downrange blast mitigation
but Primary mission is flash signature reduction

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brakeout 2.0

ETA: blast redirect as in a brake or comp, or downrange like the KX3?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my Black River Tactical Covert.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to give the PWS Triad a shot on my 11.5" barrel.

Its supposed to mitigate flash, push things forward, and reduce recoil.

Personally it sounds too good to be true but they do have a money back guarantee.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Personally it sounds too good to be true but they do have a money back guarantee.
View Quote

I run Triads on six different builds. Hands down, the Triad is my favorite non-suppressor mount muzzle device.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Jim Timber's Simple threaded device
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Installing the PWS triad was annoying since it uses shims instead of a crush washer. Maybe it was just me. We'll see how it shoots next week.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does not reduce recoil.  All you have to do is look at it to realize that
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Brake out 2.0 with a blast out.

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a triad. works great on flash suppression. Don't know about linear compensation.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#12]
How does it work for blast redirection ? How noticeable is the difference in blast between with and without ?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I should reword that. I meant muzzle rise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obm0DOxS04I
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Mitigating muzzle rise on the 5.56 is a matter of minor proportions, the same as recoil. It's really not a tactical issue, it's a precision range 3Gun thing to improve target score performance.

For a weapon with a 10.5" barrel used under 125 m, the focus is on getting hits and the target is 18MOA - we aren't talking 8 ring scores over a 9 ring score, it's about boiler room scores and stopping either fight or flight.

I went with BRT on my 10.5" deer pistol, and it redirects sound to the front about as good as any other absent sound testing. That was done in some of the muzzle device tests online, at the volume levels it's not something you do for extended periods anyway. You will get hearing damage. Since two way range use indicates that the other guys weapon might not be suppressed, then some kind of active hearing suppression is the real answer, and that is what the pros use. The suppressor on the end of their gun just keeps flash out of their teammates face in close quarters.

As for flash suppression itself, that's a matter of what gunpowder the cartridge is loaded with, and not all of them are high flash. If anything the low bidder government powder has more than needed in the past and the newer specialty rounds from the civilian suppliers (not Lake City) offer quite a bit of flash suppressant. It was part and parcel of testing and it worked better for the longer guns, which make it a natural for the shorter ones.

Factoring in the cost/benefits ratio, plus the size and weight hanging off the end of the muzzle which does affect handling, your best value are the short compact linears like STD, BRT, Levang, etc. Something the same size and weight as the A3, no slots, and under $60. Bigger or more expensive gets you incrementally better performance but also has negative offsets in cost and weight.

Don't look for the best in this application, as it is the enemy of good enough. There's another muzzle device on the horizon every few months, but the ones like BRT are effective to this day with no significant improvement needed anyway.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the Krinkov style made by GRG is decent at reducing flash, and some muzzle control.
Krinkov Style Muzzle Device by GRG (Amazon). Hate Muzzle blast? Got Krink?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hi - What Muzzle Device has Blast Redirect PLUS Flash Hiding Effective on AR Pistols?
View Quote

Griffin Armament M4 SDII
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I used the Ferfrans CRD and it does a pretty good job. With some of the hotter loads in my 10.5 barrel there is a bit more flash, but much reduced compared to kx3 or similar.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a Kineti-tech muzzle brake with a sound redirector cover. Mine has holes drilled in a spiral pattern while my son's pistol uses the same cover with a more traditional compensator-style brake.

Here's what my son's 10.5" pistol looks like at night using American Eagle ammo.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a Kineti-tech muzzle brake with a sound redirector cover. Mine has holes drilled in a spiral pattern while my son's pistol uses the same cover with a more traditional compensator-style brake.

Here's what my son's 10.5" pistol looks like at night using American Eagle ammo.

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r652/PDX53/P_zps1mgh4qnt.jpeg
http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r652/PDX53/C_zpsqgsrplnl.jpeg
View Quote

You do realize that OP specifically asked for flash suppression?

OP, your best bets would be either a traditional Krink device, the derivative KX3, or else one of the Simple Threaded Device ones. I wish the STD were as big as a KX3/Krink for greater effectiveness.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#21]
The PWs CQB does a great job of taming the fireball, and making a loud gun quieter.
(There are some YouTube videos showing night shoots with and without the CQB. It's impressive.)

Made all the difference when I was shooting a 7.5" pistol.
It is a little odd looking though.

Send me a PM if you'd like a great price on a like new CQB.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top