Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2016 12:09:45 AM EDT
So, I went with the Blade for my "stabilizer" on my 10.5" "pistol". I want to build a second pistol in 14.5"but with no muzzle brake and I want to use the Sig Brace for my "stabilizer". I've read that it fits differently on different tubes. Anyone know what the best buffer tube to buy for the Sig Brace is? I want to sit as far back as possible without slipping off.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, I went with the Blade for my "stabilizer" on my 10.5" "pistol". I want to build a second pistol in 14.5"but with no muzzle brake and I want to use the Sig Brace for my "stabilizer". I've read that it fits differently on different tubes. Anyone know what the best buffer tube to buy for the Sig Brace is? I want to sit as far back as possible without slipping off.
View Quote

Without a doubt, get the KAK SuperSig tube

And add the Odin Works Locking Collar to adjust the Length of Pull and to keep the brace from rotating.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I used the kak also,and there spacer kit worked great
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I planned on using a sig brace with the phase 5 hex tube, but changed to a shockwave blade with a KAK tube. I had the sig brace and phase 5 tube, the fit was nice I just didn't like the weight of the sig brace. The phase 5 hex tube makes the brace sit further back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
KAK for sure
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#6]
On my first pistol build I didn't like how the sig brace would move around so I bought the ribbed psa pistol tube. It is a super tight fit, had to use some hot water on the brace to expand it slightly and to lube it enough to get it on, but it never moved after that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I planned on using a sig brace with the phase 5 hex tube, but changed to a shockwave blade with a KAK tube. I had the sig brace and phase 5 tube, the fit was nice I just didn't like the weight of the sig brace. The phase 5 hex tube makes the brace sit further back.
View Quote

This. Phase 5 Hex sets brace nicely back. Compared to the shockwave on the last adjustment dimple, the phase 5 hex with Sig brace is only approximately 1/2" shorter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have Guntec SB15 buffer tubes:

http://skidtactical.com/store/sb15-buffer-tube/
View Quote

Any idea what the internal depth of this tube is and what the OAL on a 10.5 upper is when installed?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Any idea what the internal depth of this tube is and what the OAL on a 10.5 upper is when installed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have Guntec SB15 buffer tubes:

http://skidtactical.com/store/sb15-buffer-tube/

It's a Guntec and I have 2 on pistols. The Guntech I have are the same length as KAK super tube, but not as large in diameter. Folks that have put Sig brace on a Guntec tube say it's not as snug as a KAK. I use a foam tube on the Guntec tube and not a brace.

I'd have to go into the safe to measure the 10.5" upper installed. If no one responds I'll dig it out and get the tape measure. Not sure for certain its the same though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Forget the brace and get the blade again
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top