Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2016 5:42:17 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide which vendor had a better reputation, ships the quickest, & has the best customer service. Also which uses better parts? I hate rails, so I'm looking for an old style upper. 10.5" barrel, front site, regular style front grips, etc. The choice is Palmetto State Armory part # 2012, or Model 1 Sales. Here's the link.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-hammer-forged-ar15-upper.html
or
https://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=334
If I have to attach a carry handle, I can live with that, but I'd prefer the fixed handle. Remember, this is not about which style to get, but which company sells the better upper. Both sell the upper with a chrome lined barrel for $369. Of course if someone can suggest a better vendor for a similar product for the same price, please tell me.  GARY
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of the 2 options posted I would go with the CHF PSA upper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote is on the PSA. Otherwise, see if you can't find an LMT 10.5 upper.

ATW!
-Fox
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Of the two, PSA but not sure how I could actually recommend them based on two of your criteria being shipping and customer service. Andro Corp wins in both of those categories and has great products. Their 10.5 has a rail but I bet they could swap that for you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our MK18 Clone upper is on sale for you guys on ARF for $375 shipped and we have sold hundreds of them to AR15.com members. There are several sale threads and review threads on here about these. If can be viewed on our website (10.5 M4QR) and is exactly what you are looking for besides the quad rail. I have it with standard m4 handguards for the same price. Email me if you want one. Thanks
View Quote

I just bought and received this exact upper, with the M4 handguards. I plan to put a carry handle on it (which is in the mail, off the EE). I'm at over a half a dozen separate purchases from ACI now. I cannot recommend Andro Corp Ind any more highly. I'm not affiliated with ACI in any way. Buy this upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You might as well be as often as I see you here! One of our best customers and we appreciate it so much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our MK18 Clone upper is on sale for you guys on ARF for $375 shipped and we have sold hundreds of them to AR15.com members. There are several sale threads and review threads on here about these. If can be viewed on our website (10.5 M4QR) and is exactly what you are looking for besides the quad rail. I have it with standard m4 handguards for the same price. Email me if you want one. Thanks

I just bought and received this exact upper, with the M4 handguards. I plan to put a carry handle on it (which is in the mail, off the EE). I'm at over a half a dozen separate purchases from ACI now. I cannot recommend Andro Corp Ind any more highly. I'm not affiliated with ACI in any way. Buy this upper.

You might as well be as often as I see you here! One of our best customers and we appreciate it so much.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My vote for Andro as well. If you don't see something you want, email him and ask. His response is super quick.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I already spoke to him on the phone, & he seems like a real nice guy. If I don't see something I like at the West Palm Beach Gun Show this weekend, I will be calling him next week. Since we are both in Florida, we know many of the same people. GARY
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm trying to decide which vendor had a better reputation, ships the quickest, & has the best customer service. Also which uses better parts? I hate rails, so I'm looking for an old style upper. 10.5" barrel, front site, regular style front grips, etc. The choice is Palmetto State Armory part # 2012, or Model 1 Sales. Here's the link.
or
https://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=334
If I have to attach a carry handle, I can live with that, but I'd prefer the fixed handle. Remember, this is not about which style to get, but which company sells the better upper. Both sell the upper with a chrome lined barrel for $369. Of course if someone can suggest a better vendor for a similar product for the same price, please tell me.  GARY

So tempting.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]

sounds like a done deal, but wanted to add my 2 cents to others who may be reading this, having just recived a pistol upper from psa,

I went with psa due to my lower being a psa, in hopes they would match.....
they did not, kind of a bummer, the 2-3 week wait after the order as usal is a pain,  the upper and lower fit is worse than my m1a1 service rifle I had a a guard unit, its freeking loose, no problem I know the o-ring trick.

this was not there HFB, it was this one http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-pl-melonite-300-aac-1-7-2a-keymod-upper-no-bcg-o.html

of interest is that the barrel looks a lot like KAK's value line barrel, same profile, same markings with caliber and twist rate only, yet in a twist the kak value line does not come in.? I am good with that part I was looking at KAK value line barrels for this build anyway, yet had the wrong twist so I passed and went PSA.

Future builds from now on will be with matched uppers and lowers,  and with someone who  can get things shipped a bit faster.

Just sayin.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
or

Well hells bells...you guys are just down the road a piece from me up here in Ocala.  Small world.   Do you have any stocking dealers of your products up this way in Ocala?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Who'd have thunk, but I found the EXACT upper I wanted at the West Palm Beach gun show. Southern Guns had it for sale. Maybe he got it from Andro. A-2 upper receiver with fixed handle.With Andro it would have been a railed upper with removable handle which would have been OK, but not exactly what I wanted. The upper one in the link. Next time Jason. Tks.  GARY
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Got back from the range. Gun shoots great. Nickel boron bolt was spotless after the range trip. Very happy!  GARY
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Range update on the 7.5

Shot it plenty on single fire with no issues.

Went full auto today, 2 - 30 rd pmags and 2 pmag drums.  0 issues, all shot with the as sold upper and BCG.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#19]
OK I'm intrigued..you guys win.

Jason, do you guys offer any ARF discounts on any 300blk uppers?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I got my 308 upper from KAK Industries. Picked up the McClane. When KAK had a sale on the 12.5 inch barrel, I had KAK swap out the barrel from the 10.5 inch barrel the McClane came in. Works perfectly. I put it on a Areo lower. Works great. Kurt will make sure your happy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Take a look at the "custom" uppers at JSEsurplus.com, they offer some Pistol(SBR) uppers with an A2 upper (fixed carry) for way less then a lot of places. JSE make some good uppers, Ive got 2.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I offer discounts for you guys on every product we have! Email me with specific unit you like and I will quote it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I offer discounts for you guys on every product we have! Email me with specific unit you like and I will quote it

Do it.  Andro makes great products for the price.  My 7.5 is very nice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm very happy with my 10.5 I got from Jason at Andro Corp.   Quality built and he's a good dude to buy from.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Good info here, I will be looking at buying from JSEsurplus.com soon.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Andro Corp 10.5, runs like a Swiss watch.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah! Will do. My next upper is an Andro it's settled.

Thanks Jason.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Hi - when do you expect more of these instock?
Also, does it have a chrome lined bore and chamber?
Any advantage to picking it up in Ocala FTF?

http://androcorpind.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80_81&product_id=96&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
or

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd buy from you as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Another vote of confidence for Andro Corp. Jason was super easy to deal with and shipped it a lot faster than I was expecting. I told him my next upper for whatever I decide to build next will be an Andro and I meant it. I have a Mega Arms lower for my pistol and the Andro upper fits it like a glove. Can't wait to go shoot it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hell yeah! Will do. My next upper is an Andro it's settled.

Thanks Jason.
View Quote

I FO'd and bought the 10" 300blk.

Did I read Andro is using Ballistic Advantage barrels or is my brain making things up?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I FO'd and bought the 10" 300blk.

Did I read Andro is using Ballistic Advantage barrels or is my brain making things up?
View Quote

Yes, they use BA barrels.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, they use BA barrels.
View Quote

And I believe AO Precision upper receivers and bcgs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#34]
ANDRO = best price & BEST customer service...EVER
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
This^.  My 7.5 runs flawless.  Devours anything I feed it.  Truck gun supreme.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another +1 here. Just got another upper from Andro this week. I think this makes 6 or 7 uppers from them over the past 12 months.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Just put 150 rounds through my Andro 10" .300blk

Worked great! Really really liking it
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top