Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2016 7:38:44 AM EDT
So I'm piecing together parts and nearly finished for a pistol build, it's a faxon 10.5 with carbine length gas system. What buffer weight are most people finding to be the most reliable? I have a spikes t2 I can borrow from one rifle to play around with but are most people finding h1 or h2 buffer weights to be the best? I do plan on in the future suppressing it with a surefire 300 sps but for now it would be without a can unless I put on my silencer tech which is thread on only.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a standard buffer spring and buffer.  No issues.  Ejects to 3 o'clock.  I don't have a suppressor so I can't help there.  I would say that when you are assembling use compressed air to check the gas tube/block alignment.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
on my DD M4V4 11.5" pistol with suppressor, i'm running an H3 with red SprinCo
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
H2 or H3.  Spikes ST2 works for me also, with and without can
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran a H buffer and H2 buffer on my DD mk18. Will probably try a H3 at some point.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a standard buffer spring and buffer.  No issues.  Ejects to 3 o'clock.  I don't have a suppressor so I can't help there.  I would say that when you are assembling use compressed air to check the gas tube/block alignment.
View Quote

Everyone knows that AR's do not work anymore without extra heavy buffers.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I run H2'S on both of my 10.5's.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine really likes the H2 and my 11.5" likes the H, it's really hard to say until you try to run assorted lots of ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top