Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2016 4:32:14 PM EDT
My .300 blk 8" andro upper wont extract without the black o-ring. The brass doesnt exit the reciever and gets jammed up.

Not a big issue, just leave the o-ring and it extracts fine. My other rifles never required the o-ring though, and it seems to cause lots of brass chips in the chamber lugs and bore, and the bolt doesn't go into battery nearly as easily as my .223's . I would like to find a better solution than leaving the o-ring on. Is my extractor spring just weak? Or is this a pressure issue?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of pressure issues with the 300 Blackout that cause improper cycling. What is the reason for taking the o-ring out? You're referring to the o-ring on the extractor right?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I presume your AR rifles don't have 8" barrels.

All due to gassing, balance from shorter dwell time and gas port size. The "patches" are  buffer weight, spring tension, and in this case beefing up the extractor. Adjustable gas block is a more custom tweak, which might even entail opening gas port too to be able to shoot all loads, both with or without a  can.

And yes, they make stronger extractor springs. The BCM extractor kit for example comes with both stronger spring and o-ring.

Beefing up the extractor, while essentially a kludge, can be a permanent one. And as you've found, an easy one.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a lot of pressure issues with the 300 Blackout that cause improper cycling. What is the reason for taking the o-ring out? You're referring to the o-ring on the extractor right?
View Quote

Thats what I was wondering. I think the extractor is chewing up the brass. Brass chips everywhere and down the bore. Without the extractor o-ring, it doesnt leave chips, but it also wont eject properly. Im looking for a solution that avoids brass shavings and ejection problems. I'll see if I have any stiffer extractor springs around.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a Sheridan case gauge and check your cases/rounds.

Over length cases caused those issues early on for me.  I didn't have my sizing die cranked down far enough.  The trimmer indexed on the shoulder causing cases to be too long.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Read the post above yours as that is good info.  Which weight buffer and what spring are you running?

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Adjustable gas block. Thats how I fixed mine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read the post above yours as that is good info.  Which weight buffer and what spring are you running?

View Quote

Standard spring, carbine buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top