Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2016 12:31:54 AM EDT
My PSA pistol tube arrived and I tried to switch it out for my semi complete lower that will eventually be taking a 10.5" upper THAT IS NOT YET COMPLETE. It seems that the threaded portion of my PSA tube is rather shallow and does not have a notch to index an endplate and allow it to pass through. Is it just supposed to screw through the endplate and into the receiver?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Pistol tube uses a different end plate made for pistols (no notch) I dremelled off the notch on one I had no worries. Also you don't use the locking nut.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My PSA pistol tube arrived and I tried to switch it out for my semi complete lower that will eventually be taking a 10.5" upper THAT IS NOT YET COMPLETE. It seems that the threaded portion of my PSA tube is rather shallow and does not have a notch to index an endplate and allow it to pass through. Is it just supposed to screw through the endplate and into the receiver?
View Quote

Some are different than others. As long as you screw on the tube and everything is tight your good.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You use an end plate. If you have a standard carbine plate just file off the indexing tab. The shoulder on the tube takes the place of the castle nut, you just torque the tube down against the plate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You use an end plate. If you have a standard carbine plate just file off the indexing tab. The shoulder on the tube takes the place of the castle nut, you just torque the tube down against the plate.
View Quote

I do believe that the PSA tube thread depth will only work with a endplate of milspec thickness though, like the one they include. Have seen reports that with a slightly thicker one, which some others are, it won't reach the buffer retainer pin.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I dremelled the notch off of my standard endplate. No issues so far.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a Magpul ASAP on mine, with no little pin in the center, if you use a standard end plate, you will have to cut off the tab. No castle nut is required just twist it on tight, mine has never come loose. The end plate is required to keep the take down spring in, and give proper spacing for the buffer retainer pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top