Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2016 11:16:13 PM EDT
Went out and shot tonight a spur of the moment decision because it is supposed to get really hot out for a while. Range was closed so drove out to a gravel pit I know. Road was closed due to flooding. So found an other place to shoot. Didn't have much area to work with so set up at 25 yards. Since I couldn't shoot at 50 I kept it low at 25. Group is not my best I can live with it because I was not shooting off bags I was using one of those portable tripod rests off the hood of my truck. I I Ineed some more time shooting this to get used to the trigger. Not bad just different than I am used to. I felt pulling the one to the left and the bottom one. Scope was on 1.5 X. It is a 1.5x 4.5 rifle scope. I figure not bad it will get better the more I get used to it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
How does one get a photobucket picture to show up here??? I tried the tags that didn't do it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Never mind on the photo question I didn't realize you had to have over 50 posts.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I can see one picture of the group, looks better than I was doing.  What ammo were you using?

I've only shot 40 rds out of my 8.5", PMC Bronze and Wolf MC, no failures.  Most off bags sighting in a cheap red-dot and then cheap BUIS.  With old eyes, the front sight is just a gray blur, so I didn't group well with BUIS.  Tried a few shots offhand at 25 yds. It will take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yesterday I was sighting in PSA 11.5" stainless freedom and I was getting ~.5" at 25yards and ~2 at 50 yards with wolf gold with red dot. I can imagine that better shooter would get better result as this is on par with my other ARs with red dot.

I just wanted to let people know, what they can expect from ~$200 upper from palmetto, as I haven't seen a lot of reports/reviews of their freedom line.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I was shooting my own reloads using 55 grain Hornady soft points and BL-C 2 powder. I have noticed that powder does not produce the flash factory federal ammo does. I know the groups would be tighter using sandbags on a bench instead of that lightweight tripod thing I was using on my truck hood.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top