Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2016 10:34:42 PM EDT
Have any of y'all run the Thordsen against the Kak?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the kak a little better then the thordsen
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread where the OP "got both" and combined them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both and have another shockwave on the way to replace the thorsden.  I can't stand it.  Way to short.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never run the KAK shockwave, I have however run the TC "rest" with the KAK extended length tube and think that is a great set up. The TC rest on its own is very short, especially if your a big guy (I am 6'3").  I really like the SOPMOD like cheek weld on the TC which is why I went with it, but as others have mentioned with a std carbine tube it's way to short. Combo of the TC w/ KAK extended length tube is the way to go for pistols IMHO
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have te KAK and am going Thordsends my next pistol build.  For no other reason, than I want something different.  I like the Shockwave on the KAK RE though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The KAK Shockwave is adjustable.   By that I mean,  take 30 seconds to reduce the length and another 30 to set it right back where you want it.    That is very nice for transport.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a shockwave. Installed it fully collapsed, and have no problem shooting it off my pectoral if I square up.
Too short to shoulder and see the sights, so you're gtg as far as ATF regulations go.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
No comparison really. The Blade at least looks like a stock so the pistol looks like a normal SBR.

A Thordsen looks like a weird tube sticking out your butt. ''Butt of your gun that is''. Looks silly to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAK.

It feels goo having the bottom part of the blade on your... Forearm. As opposed to the Thorsden.

My brother swears by the Thorsden, though. Even though I have many blades in stock, he won't even take one for free. He'd rather use a Thorsden.

It just feel like an oversized pistol buffer tube.
View Quote

Ill take his free one :)
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone run Thordsen on PA10 tube (little longer)?  Figured they would make a Shockwave to fit carbine tubes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They're available at skidtactical.com/store at a great price if you need

It might be basically a stock at that point..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ill take his free one :)

They're available at skidtactical.com/store at a great price if you need

Quoted:
Anyone run Thordsen on PA10 tube (little longer)?  Figured they would make a Shockwave to fit carbine tubes.

It might be basically a stock at that point..

I know the ATF makes some crazy rulings on that stuff but I see no difference in that and the dimpled tube.  Someone could just make a "new" one and call it adjustable pistol brace tube and it would probably be all good lol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Does the enhanced Thordson adjust on a carbine tube?  I see it fits them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

When the Thordsen is used the way it's meant to be used (pushed away from the shoulder on a tight single point sling) it is fantastic and the perfect length no matter how tall you are. Much better and more comfortable cheek weld than the shockwave
View Quote
This. Also If you have an extended tube or a fold-a-ma-doodle installed the length is good.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#17]
LOLFUCKYOU
People Phobic... That's awesome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

LOLFUCKYOU

People Phobic... That's awesome.
View Quote
I photoshop that over any legible serial number lol.

You are the first person to actually notice and say anything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This. Also If you have an extended tube or a fold-a-ma-doodle installed the length is good.

http://i.imgur.com/4OrzdGG.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the Thordsen is used the way it's meant to be used (pushed away from the shoulder on a tight single point sling) it is fantastic and the perfect length no matter how tall you are. Much better and more comfortable cheek weld than the shockwave

What's the deal with the string attached to the Thordsen?

To OP: Shockwave wins on looks; Thordsen for functionality IMO
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]

What's the deal with the string attached to the Thordsen?
View Quote

The string is so I don't loose a cap when I open one of the CAA Saddle's beef jerky stick compartments.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:55:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm confused about the Thordsen

It seems like it mounts on a 6 position adjustable buffer tube.

If it does, then I don't understand how that works for a pistol because I was under the impression that you have to use a pistol buffer tube on a pistol
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Can't compare the two but I just bought/installed a couple of KAK Shockwaves on my AR15 pistols.

I really like the way if steadies things up when you put the blade against your forearm.

With it up to my cheek I didn't feel like it was going to be an issue either.  

I need to get them out and do some shooting to see how they feel/do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If it does, then I don't understand how that works for a pistol because I was under the impression that you have to use a pistol buffer tube on a pistol
View Quote

The cover kit can mount on either a pistol or rifle tube. I think it's the same cover kit they use for the FRS-15 fascist state compliant stuff.

Mine are on pistol tubes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Does no one like just a foam cover over the buffer tube?  Comfort wise for a cheek weld I think that feels the best.  Looks like a killer pogo stick but functionally I think it's good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Law says you can't have a stock on a pistol. Says nothing about the buffer tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law says you can't have a stock on a pistol. Says nothing about the buffer tube.

Ya people get so hung up on the buffer tube. The law says zero about the tube. I had a carbine tube on my sbr the entire time waiting for my stamp. You don't know how many people cried up a storm any time I posted a pic.

Just got the thordsen for a new pistol build.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking for something that folds up like that... How is this possible?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spend about $200 or so on a Law Tactical folding hinge. It's on my list of things to get
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Spend about $200 or so on a Law Tactical folding hinge. It's on my list of things to get
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PLEASE let me know if you find it for $200. I need 2. I've only seen $239 plus shipping
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Kak and Thorsden with a little dremel work worked best for me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I myself, went from a KAK ShockWave to a Thordsen, a world of differences.. The TC Enhanced just feel way more comfy for me..
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#32]
I acknowledge the Thordsen does exist.

The ShockWave Blade Brace is more sleek, easier to adjust, and I prefer it when putting an AR in the safe or in a carry bag. It is a little lighter.  

The Sig Brace is far more comfortable and forgiving of how you use it.    I prefer shooting it.   Why?   It is wider and softer.    

Both are relatively inexpensive.  Looks are subjective.  

That is a Trijicon Reflex ACOG on top in each photo, with an Aimpoint H1 on the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I replaced a Thorsden with the Shockwave last week.  Took the pistol out yesterday and shot a little over 100 rounds through it from 5 yards to 300 yards.  Very comfortable.  It's a winner.  Much more solid than the Thorsden I had mounted on a 6 position carbine extension.  

Lot of personal preference and some of it is based on the intended usage, but I much prefer the Shockwave.  DSG Arms had them on sale, complete kit with buffer tube, buffer, spring, and Shockwave brace for under $70.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top