Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/8/2016 1:26:12 PM EDT
Looking at building a cheap AR pistol.  I found this kit at Delta Team Tactical that looks pretty nice for what it costs. $249 w/ free shipping.

Anyone build a pistol from this kit?  Is Delta Team Tactical GTG?

http://www.deltateamtactical.com/ANDERSON-RIFLE-COMPANY-PISTOL-COMPLETE-PISTOL-KIT-MINUS-LOWER-AND-BCG_p_4739.html
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with them but it seems like a great deal. If you add up the price of the parts listed it is well over $250.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the Davidson Defense marked pistol kit, same as the Anderson.

It looks and shoots with no issues. I should buy another....

Shipping wasn't the quickest with DTT though.

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/ejeviking/media/ARFCOM%20bucket/20160616_221349_zpss21zupuj.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

EDIT: pic at link. Fucking iPad is on the rag again.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a thread a few months ago about a company by the same name or very close.
Member was not happy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
the gas tube in the picture is longer than the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one of Sunday. Was told yesterday they were waiting on parts.
For the price, I will wait.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered one of Sunday. Was told yesterday they were waiting on parts.
For the price, I will wait.
View Quote

I just ordered on as well
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I noticed that also. I'm guessing that was just a screw up from the guy who put the parts together and took the picture.

I called them and they told me that the wait is currently at 2weeks after order before they ship.  Considering the recent events, and the great price....I think I will order one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, I noticed that also. I'm guessing that was just a screw up from the guy who put the parts together and took the picture.

I called them and they told me that the wait is currently at 2weeks after order before they ship.  Considering the recent events, and the great price....I think I will order one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats exactly what I figured. thanks for the link OP you cost me $250 haha
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought some stuff from them recently because it was so cheap and I haven't been disappointed with the quality.  However, shipping will be 2-3 weeks minimum and their customer service is crap.  Many have complained about Delta Team and honestly, despite their amazingly low prices, I won't go back to them.  Go ahead and try them if you like, but know that they are generally quite despised.

They have a FB page with many reviews. check it out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bought some stuff from them recently because it was so cheap and I haven't been disappointed with the quality.  However, shipping will be 2-3 weeks minimum and their customer service is crap.  Many have complained about Delta Team and honestly, despite their amazingly low prices, I won't go back to them.  Go ahead and try them if you like, but know that they are generally quite despised.

View Quote

I did see a lot of reviews of them saying that their shipping times are really long....but it sounds like everyone got their stuff.  Reminds me of when PSA started getting popular, and people were giving them bad reviews because it took them so long to ship.....great company, they just got swamped and had a hard time shipping stuff in a timely matter.

I figured that I don't mind waiting a few weeks.....as long as I get what I paid for.  If I wanted it in 3-4 days, I would have went somewhere else, but for the price....it's worth waiting for as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I won't do business with them again.  They charged my for items I did not order.  They did not respond to my inquires.  Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I won't do business with them again.  They charged my for items I did not order.  They did not respond to my inquires.  Buyer beware.
View Quote

Hopefully I have better luck with them....
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Most who have dealt with them will never do so again.

http://theunapologeticindependent.blogspot.com/p/reviews.html
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It sounds like people were getting the kits...just 4-6 weeks later. I am in the market for a kit, but I think I will wait to see what happens with the orders from some of the other guys and go from there. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! Please post reviews when you get your kits.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#15]
For $250, they can take two months to ship it.

Fo'd.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It sounds like people were getting the kits...just 4-6 weeks later. I am in the market for a kit, but I think I will wait to see what happens with the orders from some of the other guys and go from there. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! Please post reviews when you get your kits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow , thats a lot of bad reviews. Skimming the reviews they seem all bad. When the products finally ships its missing parts or not as advertised in most of the reviews.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of the products they sell are no-name crap.

I had a buffer from them that's significantly shorter than my others.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn I was looking for an upper for a pistol I am trying to put together. They had one I was eyeing for about $200. No one has shit in stock, guess no pistol for me anytime soon. Primary arms has no idea if and when they will get any more radical $199 uppers either
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Besides the Levang comp which I can't seem to find anywhere, what's another good comp for a pistol that keeps the noise down a little?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Besides the Levang comp which I can't seem to find anywhere, what's another good comp for a pistol that keeps the noise down a little?
View Quote

Any linear would do.bout the same with blast redirection...
Levang, brt covert, noveske kx5/3, kaw valley linear, kak flash cans, STD, Ferfans types, Hera, etc.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Levang, brt covert, noveske kx5/3, kaw valley linear, kak flash cans, STD, Ferfans types, Hera, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried finding a Levang, but every place I find that says they carry them either is out of stock, or says they have been discontinued. Are they not making the Levangs anymore?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've tried finding a Levang, but every place I find that says they carry them either is out of stock, or says they have been discontinued. Are they not making the Levangs anymore?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea but levang would be my last pick. Not a fan of how it looks and it lacks wrench flats
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]
So basically if you wanna buy from this vendor for on the cheap, don't mind waiting maybe 2 or 3 months to get all the parts for a kit in and don't mind not getting the brands as actually advertised on their site than buying from them is GTG?  

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So basically if you wanna buy from this vendor for on the cheap, don't mind waiting maybe 2 or 3 months to get all the parts for a kit in and don't mind not getting the brands as actually advertised on their site than buying from them is GTG?  

View Quote

That sounds about right...lol.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess I will be a good test subject......
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Truckgun material right there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine hasn't shipped yet
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mine hasn't shipped yet
View Quote

Mine either....but I kind of knew that going into this.  I placed my order on the 8th.....so right at two weeks ago.  I went to their site and did the "chat" think with their customer service. They told me that they are waiting on a shipment of Anderson uppers, and they they will start to ship.  They said that they are expecting the uppers next week. I'm not keeping my hopes up....

....but, like I said......everything I read about them online said that they had pretty long ship times.......but for the price, I don't mind waiting.  Not sure if I like the fact that the already charged my CC for it though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anybody contacted Delta and requested their card NOT be charged until their kit is ready to ship?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Mine either....but I kind of knew that going into this.  I placed my order on the 8th.....so right at two weeks ago.  I went to their site and did the "chat" think with their customer service. They told me that they are waiting on a shipment of Anderson uppers, and they they will start to ship.  They said that they are expecting the uppers next week. I'm not keeping my hopes up....

....but, like I said......everything I read about them online said that they had pretty long ship times.......but for the price, I don't mind waiting.  Not sure if I like the fact that the already charged my CC for it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine hasn't shipped yet

Well hell they probably have to charge everyone's CCs in order to raise the funds to then buy the uppers they are waiting on to fulfill your order.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Has anybody contacted Delta and requested their card NOT be charged until their kit is ready to ship?
View Quote

Nope.....I figured that if I don't eventually get my order, I will just call my CC company and dispute the charges.

It's pretty normal for company's to charge my CC before my order ships......
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I ordered from Ground Zero Precision and they took 21 days to ship.  Overall, very pleased.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I ordered from Ground Zero Precision and they took 21 days to ship.  Overall, very pleased.
View Quote

It looks like their kits are around $400 for the kits similar to the one Delta Team Tactical had on sale for $250.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It looks like their kits are around $400 for the kits similar to the one Delta Team Tactical had on sale for $250.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is more realistic for what quality low end parts should cost as a kit for a company to make anything off them.

The more I look at the $250 "kit" from Delta Team I recommend people who end up with the stuff making sure nothing is cheap Chinese knockoff crap or airsoft crap.  They sure in the hell are not buying in quantities that they would be getting huge discounts off this stuff for resale purposes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Which is more realistic for what quality low end parts should cost as a kit for a company to make anything off them.

The more I look at the $250 "kit" from Delta Team I recommend people who end up with the stuff making sure nothing is cheap Chinese knockoff crap or airsoft crap.  They sure in the hell are not buying in quantities that they would be getting huge discounts off this stuff for resale purposes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to give it all a good once over once I finally get all the parts. From what their website says....the parts all look like decent quality, name brand stuff.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#36]
*****UPDATE*****

Just checked with DTT again this afternoon to see if they thought my order would ship this week (ordered back on July 8th...almost 3 weeks ago).  They are now telling me that they are having a problem with their supplier who they get their Shockwave arm braces from......but hopefully they will have those by late next week.  

I'm still not all that worried.......I'm guessing now that it's going to be well into the 4 weeks before anything ships.  

I guess I'm just surprised at why a company would sell kits when they know they don't even have the parts in stock. Why don't they just say "out of stock" on their website like everyone else does?  I'm assuming that it's not just the pistol kits they don't have parts for....it's all of their rifle kits also.

Still not to the pint where I want to cancel the order and have the CC company reimburse me for the charges yet.........I'll give it a few more weeks and see what happens.  

No wonder this place gets horrible reviews.......I guess they just don't really care.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#37]
They are clearly using the funds collected from these orders in an attempt to buy the stuff to then fulfill the orders.  This then leads to nothing but problems including when they finally get the funds to maybe make an order and then whoever they are buying the stuff from is then out of stock causing you to wait even longer.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They are clearly using the funds collected from these orders in an attempt to buy the stuff to then fulfill the orders.  This then leads to nothing but problems including when they finally get the funds to maybe make an order and then whoever they are buying the stuff from is then out of stock causing you to wait even longer.  
View Quote

Yes, I agree. Every place I have ever know who has ran a business like that never ended up "catching up"....they were always borrowing money from Peter to pay Paul.  They would use money from one order to buy parts for the guy who has already placed his order......pretty much like these guys.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#39]
still havent had mine ship - three weeks
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#40]
anybody receive a kit yet?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There was a thread a few months ago about a company by the same name or very close.
Member was not happy.
View Quote

That was me. And also 2 other members if I recall. Horrible customer service. Nobody to contact, they use an answering service. You call, nobody calls back. MAYBE they will email you, probably not. I bought a carbine stock kit from them took like 13 business days even though website has a virtual inventory (said they had 42 when  I ordered). My order shipped 8 days after my email saying it "shipped". DONT DO IT! I will never order again. Too many reputable vendors on Arfcom with excellent customer service to choose from.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

*ANYONE SEE THE PATTERN HERE!???
CRAP SERVICE. SECOND RATE SHIT.BUY ELSEWHERE
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That was me. And also 2 other members if I recall. Horrible customer service. Nobody to contact, they use an answering service. You call, nobody calls back. MAYBE they will email you, probably not. I bought a carbine stock kit from them took like 13 business days even though website has a virtual inventory (said they had 42 when  I ordered). My order shipped 8 days after my email saying it "shipped". DONT DO IT! I will never order again. Too many reputable vendors on Arfcom with excellent customer service to choose from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Member was not happy.

They have a "chat" function on their website.  I've used it a few times to check on my order......I always get someone in customer service without any issues at all. They are telling me that my order should ship this week....we'll see....
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#44]
No live human to contact. Did not know about the chat service. Either way...they lost my business the first time they got it.Hope it works out better for you, boss. If not, well, warned ya.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Got an update from them today. Sounds like the KAK arm braces they are waiting on will be there Friday....hopefully that means they will start shipping orders Friday or Monday at the latest.

....just an update for the rest of you guys who are waiting on your pistol kits.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I just received this pistol upper kit from them, I got it a month after I ordered it. Still have to assemble it.
http://www.deltateamtactical.com/Ar-15-Pistol-75-Complete-Upper-Kit-556-223-Melonite-Barrel-7-Keymod-Handguard-Minus-Bcg_p_4510.html
For the price it looks good with more included.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey, if it gives you the accuracy you want and the durability that you want it is a good deal.  I'd be interested to see the finished pistol and how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey, if it gives you the accuracy you want and the durability that you want it is a good deal.  I'd be interested to see the finished pistol and how it shoots.
View Quote

From reading the customer feedback just on this thread I'd say he got lucky rather than a good deal.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone else got their pistol kits in? They have told me that they are shipping now.....not sure I believe them though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I am curious about this as well. If you get yours in let us know how it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top