BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks I just purchased the Phitz for $21 shipped. (OD Green)
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks I just purchased the Phitz for $21 shipped. (OD Green)
View Quote

Couldn't say no for that price, should be just right!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]

The Vertex Garment bag is slick. It's spendy but then it's not a one trick pony either. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean. Rapid access for an AR pistol or carbine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwH4EEj4G2U

http://vertx.com/professional-rifle-garment-bag

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where did you get the case?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I carry mine in these.  It comes with a couple of magazine "pouches".  I sewed a 4" wide nylon web section into the center padding (that was a job, large needle, pliers and had to make a sewing jig to support the pad while I pushed the needle through with the pliers).  Then I added three additional magazine pouches to the webbing.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/zsrbest/IMAG0354_zpsj6ifzp3u.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/zsrbest/IMAG0357_zps0odesvbr.jpg
Where did you get the case?

I've seen them on Amazon before, Bulldog Discreet Carry Case.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a NCStar VISM bag I got off Optics Planet for $35.  It is a knockoff of the LaRue discreet carry bag.  I'm currently using it for my 10.5".  You have to break it down to store.  The bag itself is okay.  It looks a little like a briefcase but longer.  It is a bit on the flimsy side but is manageable.  I have taken it to the range and it hold all I need well.  
Review by Sootch

I did just order another Phitz case.  I want to be able to store my 10.5" assembled and ready.  For $21 you can't go wrong.  I may just have to rename my AR Pistols (Donald 10.5" and Hillary 8.5") after a violin section, first chair, second chair...:)
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Been looking for something like Phitz. Looks perfect. And, they even have some flamboyant colors if you want to be certain to erase any doubt about what you got in the bag.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Bulldog and a Midway. Both were relatively cheap.

Both could use some "upgrading" by the user.

The Midway is a little better product but neither have shoulder strap provisions.

Bulldog

Midway

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA 10.5 PDS.  The pistol does not have a buffer so it will fire with the stock folded.  The RRA lower is proprietary and RRA won't sell their folding adapter without Form 1 paperwork.  I've got the PDS upper on a 80% lower with a cheap folding adapter.  Works just fine.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Any of you guys looking for a Bulldog case, they are on sale right now at Dvor.com (OpticsPlanet clearance site) for the next 5 days.  Price is $27 plus shipping.

Plus the sale includes a bunch of AR accessories and add ons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the tip on the Phitz case. I received mine today. I had some adhesive backed Velcro laying around so I added a strip to the large half-moon cushion:

and a couple of pieces in the case:

now it holds the cushions in place and they don't fall out when I open the case:

My 10.5" 'firearm' with Sig Brace and KAK Micro Flash Can fits in there quite nicely:

Not bad for ~$20!

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#12]
^^^Engineer, looks like you lived p to your user name.  My next case is due in tomorrow.  I was going to look to add velcro and maybe some webbing to add a pouch or two.  Yeah, for $20 delivered I thought it was a great buy with good potential.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#13]
You could go crazy with the Philz case. I am thinking of the best route to add a protected QD variable optic in the case.

Something like this: Larue divider Or pluck foam.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#14]
The member who originally mentioned the Phitz bag has sure helped them sell a few more of them.  Mine arrived yesterday.  I love it, especially for the price, $21 shipped.  It doesn't scream, "Hey, look at me, I have a Tacticool bag with my gun inside".  Very discreet.  I could carry this thing anywhere and no one would be the wiser..., well, except for you guys?

Great bag, and as you can see, I kept the cushion inserts inside the bag for more protection.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a guitar player and I own a headless Steinberger guitar.  When I built my 10.5" pistol I used that cast to take it to the range.  It was a bit flimsy so I started looking for another case.  Found the Phitz case and tried it and it worked great.  Glad others found it useful.  Looking on line they seem to be down in their inventory.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top