Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2016 11:40:34 PM EDT
I'm looking for backpack that is designed to carry an ar-15 pistol and a few mags. I would like it to have enough room for clothes for a day trip or weekend as well. Whether the weapon needs to be broken down or not doesn't really matter since you can put one together rather quickly. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 3:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for backpack that is designed to carry an ar-15 pistol and a few mags. I would like it to have enough room for clothes for a day trip or weekend as well. Whether the weapon needs to be broken down or not doesn't really matter since you can put one together rather quickly. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

The 5.11 Select Carry sling pack. If your pistol is short enough you can store it inside assembled with a mag in it. That's what I use with my 7.5" model.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
5.11 Rush 72
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure the tactical bags make for a lower profile...

I'd just go to Good Will and see if you can find something common looking, and strong material and stitching.

Or maybe some sort of laptop looking bag? Go sit in a Caribou/Starbucks and see what the regular jackoffs have that would be strong and fit that AR.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a Tennis Racquet bag.  One made to carry 3 racquets should fit an AR Pistol.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably a little overkill for a pistol, but I love my LaRue MKII case.

I got it in blue because I thought it looked like a bag camping equipment would come in.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I keep wondering why people are asking how to carry a high capacity rifle caliber weapon highly concealed. Nobody ever explains WHY they want it other than to gloss it over as "just because."  

Task, conditions, standard: Why does an AR pistol even need to be involved, where, and to what level of use? It's like saying "I want to build an AR" but not telling us what range or type target is being shot. Way too much information is being left out.

Why does an AR pistol need to be carried there with clothing and what are you doing with it that a handgun won't?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a guitar player and use my Steinberger headless guitar bag for my AR pistol.  I also have an NCstar discreet rifle case that works well.  Looks more like a business case.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Noveske Concealed Carry Backpack. It is designed to carry a 16" AR broken down or a SBR up to 10" Barrel I believe. I have an AR Pistol with a 7.5" barrel and a Sig brace. Fits in there perfectly.

I think the problem with using sports equipment bags, tool cases and instrument cases, still screams "I got expensive shit, please steal me". The Noveske bag is very discrete.

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17613
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep wondering why people are asking how to carry a high capacity rifle caliber weapon highly concealed. Nobody ever explains WHY they want it other than to gloss it over as "just because."  

View Quote

Why does it even matter?
Some people may live in appartments, condos or simply don't want their neighbors to know what they are carrying. I have had neighbors I have trusted, but they were just very nosey. When I lived in Miami, I used a Pelican case for my rifles I carried to the range. I plastered a crap load of fishing company stickers on the case.my "range bag" was a soft side tackle box. No one ever asked what was in the case, they just assumed it was fishing gear.

If I decide to buy a discreet case for an AR pistol, it would be mainly because I don't want others to know what I have. Your asking the question kinda makes me nervous and confused. Americans have earned the right to carry an AR pistol. What question that right?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I use a Noveske Concealed Carry Backpack. It is designed to carry a 16" AR broken down or a SBR up to 10" Barrel I believe. I have an AR Pistol with a 7.5" barrel and a Sig brace. Fits in there perfectly.

I think the problem with using sports equipment bags, tool cases and instrument cases, still screams "I got expensive shit, please steal me". The Noveske bag is very discrete.

View Quote

Nice lookin pack.

Your ideology is one reason why I never carry a rifle in a guitar case.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why does it even matter?
Some people may live in appartments, condos or simply don't want their neighbors to know what they are carrying. I have had neighbors I have trusted, but they were just very nosey. When I lived in Miami, I used a Pelican case for my rifles I carried to the range. I plastered a crap load of fishing company stickers on the case.my "range bag" was a soft side tackle box. No one ever asked what was in the case, they just assumed it was fishing gear.

If I decide to buy a discreet case for an AR pistol, it would be mainly because I don't want others to know what I have. Your asking the question kinda makes me nervous and confused. Americans have earned the right to carry an AR pistol. What question that right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does it even matter?

EXACTLY!

Tirod sounds a lot like an "anti" (or an idiot) IMNSHO.  Why anyone wants to keep under the radar is none of your (or anyone's) business.  And WTF is a "high capacity rifle caliber weapon"?!?!

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a soft guitar case. 10$ at the used musical instrument store.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice lookin pack.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice lookin pack.

I had a soft side guitar for my DPMS 308 AR a few years ago. I was on the way to the range one day and I stopped at the gas station to get a couple of bottles of water. While I was in line to pay, I noticed a couple of Obama Youths walking very slowly by truck, eyeballing the case in my back seat. So, I set off the panic alarm on my key FOB and they got away very quickly. I bought a discrete looking hard side lockable Storm Case that weekend.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Task, conditions, standard: Why does an AR pistol even need to be involved, where, and to what level of use? It's like saying "I want to build an AR" but not telling us what range or type target is being shot. Way too much information is being left out.

Why does an AR pistol need to be carried there with clothing and what are you doing with it that a handgun won't?
View Quote

Lots of reasons to want to discretely move your AR or AR pistol from one location to another without shouting it to the world.  
The OP wants room for clothes, maybe he's wants it to bug out.
As was stated what does it matter?

Also, there is a lot a rifle caliber pistol will do that a handgun will not.  

Additionally and most importantly, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" applies here.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a local sewing shop add
some Velcro loops inside one
of these to be able to anchor
my AR pistol inside. I had her
add some inside reinforcements
for the shoulder strap & added
velcro down the seam to be able
rip it open. I keep a 20 round
magazine inserted and drop a
30 round mag in the bottom.

This is also covered by my CCW
permit.

Very discreet & low key.

The full size chair bags will hold
a 20" AR.

John

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're lucky this isn't GD.

I have a meme for that.

ETA: The camp chair bag is a great idea. Not a lot of resale on wal- mart camp chairs....
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

More and more of these domestic terrorist/active shooter (insert word of the day here and an eye roll) are occurring in more common places and spilling out in to public where I may be.

I carry a G23 or P228 (soon to be Glock 19) on me at  most all times with a spare mag but sometimes its a G43. Either way a concealed carry handgun is limited n a lot of way to a rifle caliber pistol.

It also travels very easily on a CCW to states with reciprocity.  That way I can have essentially a short barreled rifle legal across state lines and concealed loaded.  

I think you are forgetting what site you are on.  That is a very short sighted comment.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to live in a large apartment complex in a relatively big city that definitely had a shady element, and I used to travel 150 + nights a year.

I preferred discreet cases because I didn't want my neighbors to realize I owned guns every time I went to the range.

I went discreet to hopefully cut my risks of being robbed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

permit.

Very discreet & low key.

a 20" AR.

John

http://www.amplestuff.com/images/productimages/RedChairBag2.jpg
View Quote

Yup, I use lawn chair bags all the time, they hold a 16" AR or AK perfectly.  I even use them going from my house to my big out building since the yards of the neighbors on both sides are filled with kids, and they don;t need to know what I have going on.

I also use a tennis racket bag for my AR pistol, which I found via a deal in this subforum.  :)
eta:  this was the thread which still has some pics:
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=658392
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I carry mine in these.  It comes with a couple of magazine "pouches".  I sewed a 4" wide nylon web section into the center padding (that was a job, large needle, pliers and had to make a sewing jig to support the pad while I pushed the needle through with the pliers).  Then I added three additional magazine pouches to the webbing.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

<-----------------------------------DU
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#23]
My answer to discretion was a cheap Nike bat bag, which I added a removable divider that holds 6 mags and has enough room for two AR pistols easily.  All one needs is a baseball bat sticking out the bat sleeve and no one will be asking to see your glove and cleats.

Loaded up with AR pistol, mags and bunch of other stuff
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#25]
That Noveske bag is over $200!!!

I need to test fit my new AR pistol in my backpack that has a padded laptop pocket in the back.  I don't think it will fit, though.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That Noveske bag is over $200!!!

I need to test fit my new AR pistol in my backpack that has a padded laptop pocket in the back.  I don't think it will fit, though.

Rob
View Quote

Yeah it isn't cheap. It does a great job though. My wife hadn't got it for me for a birthday present, no way I would fork over the cash myself. Luckily she has better taste than I do.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
This is where that Law Tactical folder comes in. Nothing's more discrete than a generic 17-18" Jansport school pack with padded shoulder straps.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Somebody has never see the old "Oh No! Not Jihad!" Cavalry Arms commercial. Sorry, can't embed, but if someone wants to, it is good for a chuckle...

Oh teh Noes!!! Not teh Jeehad!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Somebody has never see the old "Oh No! Not Jihad!" Cavalry Arms commercial. Sorry, can't embed, but if someone wants to, it is good for a chuckle...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty good. I've never seen that before.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#30]
To go to the range I use a Nike 3 section racquetball backpack for my 7.5" pistol on my motprcycle. I take the upper and lower in sepatate compartments and earphones mag and ammo in the third.

The racquet backpacks aren't designed for that much weight so I laid strips of heavy suede in the botton of the sections to keep it from ripping and dropping my stuff on the highway.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is where that Law Tactical folder comes in. Nothing's more discrete than a generic 17-18" Jansport school pack with padded shoulder straps.
View Quote

I had thought of getting a folder, but golly, that's a lot of money to spend for what you get.  I keep thinking of the ammo that I could buy instead and that keeps me from picking one up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Midway came out with a nice case.  I picked up a few and they worked out great. Can't beat the price.  Not sure about putting clothes in there too.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939293374/midwayusa-heavy-duty-discreet-tactical-rifle-case
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Just picked up a Violin/Viola case from Phitz cases for $15.  High Quality and fits my 8.5" AR pistol like a glove.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Get a LAW Tactical folder adapter and you can use whatever backpack you want.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just picked up a Violin/Viola case from Phitz cases for $15.  High Quality and fits my 8.5" AR pistol like a glove.  

http://www.imagescream.com/img/soft/images/2016/07/16/phitz-violin-case-front_3936639d-57d0-46dd-9eb4-0d1fc12dc5d6_large.jpg
View Quote

Old school... I like it. Even a place for the cleaning rod

Been looking for a hard case and Phitz as them for only $50. Wonder if the liner could be removed and insert cut to fit a pistol?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I like my sneaky bags.. They are great.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Phitz will also make a custom case if you inquire.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

permit.

Very discreet & low key.

a 20" AR.

John

http://www.amplestuff.com/images/productimages/RedChairBag2.jpg
View Quote

Man that is a fantastic idea that never occurred to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I have an old Platt Tool case and am thinking about trying to use it. Otherwise I am going to find some type of canvas case other than a gun case.

Finestkind
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://www.imagescream.com/img/soft/images/2016/07/16/phitz-violin-case-front_3936639d-57d0-46dd-9eb4-0d1fc12dc5d6_large.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to try one of these out and may look along these lines for more if it works out good.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I have actually been looking for a guitar case to put my rifle and a few mags in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Received my Phitz viola case today.

That's a 10.5 with the standard KAK flash can on it. If you notice the brace isn't all the way in. I'm thinking about going to an A2 flash hider and then I'll either be able to extend the brace further or use one of the spacers that came with the case. I like it, very low profile and if I ever do an SBR it will fit as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I just bought a 32 inch tactical case for mine. It is either going to be in my hand or my vehicle. Problem with other cases is including back packs any case big enough is worth stealing to a crook or druggie looking for valuables. My case in the vehicle will just be covered up with clutter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Sling-Detachable-Fanny/dp/B00ABP5CYS

I've got one of these bags with a Colt logo on it.  Just like the 5.11 bag, at half the price.  I found the one I bought for around $30.

Edit, just found it at Sportsmans Guide for $22
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/bulldog-msr-sling-pack-with-detachable-fanny-pack?a=1837069
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Milwaukee Jobsite Backpack, found it a Home Depot for $79. 10.5" fits perfect broke down. Very well padded and built. Pockets inside are perfect for extra mags.  It's red and black, doesn't "gun" at all.             https://www.milwaukeetool.com/hand-tools/storage/48-22-8200
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#46]
I use a Kelty Redwing 44 pack to hold my 11.5" AR pistol. It has a LAW folding mechanism.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#47]
That Fitz case fits a 10.5 better than anything I have seen. The best part is they have all the typical tactical colors. $20 with shipping, yea, count me in.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I agree with the Phitz case"

Bought this for $15 and some change. Came to $21.00 shipped:

http://phitz.com/products/violin-viola-case-original-fabric-ph39893vfl-coyote

Loaded:

The foam pieces actually pad the top and bottom but won't fit with the pistol in it. This is big enough to hold a M92PV with folding brace hinge as well. Have yet to try it with my MAADI AK with folding stock. They have hard sided ones for $45+ and also have more discreet soft ones like this.

I am planning on getting some Pelican replacement pick and pluck foam and cutting it to fit inside this case and will be picking up a couple more and doing the same.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#49]
The foam is a great idea. I was thinking of just attaching velcro straps in it, but now I am thinking foam. Also wondering how to secure loaded mags better in the pocket. Fhitz is going to wonder why the surge in Viola players.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The foam is a great idea. I was thinking of just attaching velcro straps in it, but now I am thinking foam. Also wondering how to secure loaded mags better in the pocket. Fhitz is going to wonder why the surge in Viola players.
View Quote

I would think a 3 or 4 AR mag pouch would work like, http://www.specopsbrand.com/x-3-m4-ar-15-magazine-pouch.html , then maybe sew or glue velcro inside the case pouch so the mag pouch wont slide out when pulling a mag.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top