Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2016 10:56:21 AM EDT
So ive been thinking about buying an upper finally. looking at two different ones the adams arms 11.5 inch base for 476$ or the tactical for 629$. are these worth it?? its only slightly more getting the base over buying a cheaper DI setup with a bcg???

base

tactical

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting on my 11.5" upper. I chose the tactical over the base so I'd have room to put iron sights, a flashlight or NV Laser. For the price of both you get a CH & BCG, where as most other uppers don't come with them.  That adds 120-200$ to the cost.

I chose Adams Arms piston for a SBR due to how they've configured the dwell time, piston & overall mechanics for velocity & function.  Several competitors have used these set ups & it does make a difference I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
so youre saying go ahead and shoot for the 629$ for the railed upper i guess..or can i get a rail installed for cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

so youre saying go ahead and shoot for the 629$ for the railed upper i guess..or can i get a rail installed for cheaper than that.
View Quote

If you are planning on switching to a rail vs the plastic base guard I would just spend the $150 now. These uppers require a rail that fits around the gas block so they are very size specific. Because of this design requirement there are only so many brands that even make them. They also are limited on barrel nut design due to the piston bar design that Adams Arms uses. I have not seen what the barrel nut looks like under the base versions handguard but if it is not the same it would have to be removed and replaced. So then you would need an armorers wrench if you do not have one already or pay someone to do it if no one you know can do it for you.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top