Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2016 6:50:00 PM EDT
Hey guys, just finished my final AR build here in CT. Decided to do a pistol as I don't have one and would not be able to build one until I move from this shithole, but I digress.

I used a 10.5 SS barrel for this build. Wondering if there is a break-in period? Go an shoot it? I have only fired it three times out of concern for the barrel.

There is a huge variety of opinion on the web. Don't want to damage anything...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot, clean and repeat.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I probably doesn't make a huge difference but just for peace of mind I do the shoot clean break in procedure on non lined barrels. It doesn't cost anything makes me feel better so why not.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I just shoot away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Next stop, the range!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Worthwhile probably depends more on the barrel than what you want to believe in.

Cheapest barrel I'd probably bother to break in would be like a Rainier Select. After that you're probably fighting more quality issues and rough fit and finish than anything.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top