BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2016 9:58:30 PM EDT
Just got the new SB brace for the AR platform and the new Galil style for the AK for my M92. They both make the pistol so much more user friendly and now they actually look normal and high quality too.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How much? Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Any chance you have a link for that stock?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
How much does this new brace weigh?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I figured they would try to make it look less like an ordinary MOE stock.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is a link to all of their new braces. None are stocks though you'd never know it by the looks. They are all non NFA items and come with a letter from the BATF stating their ruling on the legality of each one.

SB tactical braces

The price for this one is $150 + shipping
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured they would try to make it look less like an ordinary MOE stock.
View Quote

Actually, I think they did the exact opposite. They apparently wanted to make it look as close to a stock as possible.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How much does this new brace weigh?
View Quote

I don't have a scale with me here and now and it's not on the packaging. It's going to be heavier than a stock of the same dimensions as it is hard rubber but I wouldn't say that it made my pistol "heavy".
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is a link to all of their new braces. None are stocks though you'd never know it by the looks. They are all non NFA items and come with a letter from the BATF stating their ruling on the legality of each one.

SB tactical braces

View Quote

What type of receiver extension do these require ?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice job labeling that magazine.

I use green for .300 supers, and red for .300 subs.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SB tactical braces

Just a standard pistol buffer tube
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks!. I didn't have a choice on the colors. I bought these and the blue ones say 5.56/223 and the red ones say .300 BLK. I think I bought them from Fortis. Its an easy, very convenient way to keep track of how you have your mags loaded. I have about 25 Pmags of all kinds but they are all black. I shoot 5.56 and .300BLK just about the same amount when I train so It was getting to be a real PITA not getting them all mixed up once I got there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks!. I didn't have a choice on the colors. I bought these and the blue ones say 5.56/223 and the red ones say .300 BLK. I think I bought them from Fortis. Its an easy, very convenient way to keep track of how you have your mags loaded. I have about 25 Pmags of all kinds but they are all black. I shoot 5.56 and .300BLK just about the same amount when I train so It was getting to be a real PITA not getting them all mixed up once I got there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I use vinyl self-adhesive tape.  For me, no tape means 5.56, and blue is 6.5G.

I do have some concerns about the tape coming loose in cold weather, but that hasn't been tested yet.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#13]
At what point will the BATFE get a clue and stop all this SBR nonsense and drop the tax stamp.
Thats a collapsible stock with a Velcro strap on it... And they have a technical branch...
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At what point will the BATFE get a clue and stop all this SBR nonsense and drop the tax stamp.
Thats a collapsible stock with a Velcro strap on it... And they have a technical branch...
View Quote

how does the atf change law?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They don't. However they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

I agree that the entire SBR thing is nonsense.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

FIFY

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

the ATF enforces laws created by your elected legislators. they don't make the laws up as they go despite what people such as yourself think
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But the ATF can interpret them / enforce them, as they please. Without legislative input or oversight.

View Quote

Exactly.

The new Sig brace looks great and all but it's riding the grey area VERY closely (as do other braces). Technically the only difference between enjoying a day of shooting your AR pistol and committing a felony is a couple of inches.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any chance you have a link for that stock brace?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#22]
This mounts on a standard collapsible buffer tube? Jebus
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This mounts on a standard collapsible buffer tube? Jebus
View Quote

Nope. Round "pistol" tube.

- OS
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly.

The new Sig brace looks great and all but it's riding the grey area VERY closely (as do other braces). Technically the only difference between enjoying a day of shooting your AR pistol and committing a felony is a couple of inches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the ATF can interpret them / enforce them, as they please. Without legislative input or oversight.

Exactly.

While technically true, how many people have been arrested for that felony with a brace?  We are our own worse enemy in terms of self policing.  Every brace that gets approved that increases the amount of them on weapons out in the wild is a good thing and further highlights the absurdity of the outdated NFA laws.  We should be celebrating these products as advancing our interests.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:51:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

While I couldn't agree with you more that the NFA needs to be totally abolished from law, this is actually not a collapsible stock. Once you slide it over the extension, it doesn't move again. In fact, I fear that I would have to cut it off if I ever needed to move it. As to whether it's a stock or not, I'll defer to the ATF
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#26]
It looks nice and usual.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Once you slide it over the extension, it doesn't move again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So its a fixed stock with velcro on it.

Really the pistol "brace" thing is getting rediculous.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you say that?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why do you say that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you say that?

No reason. Looks great. Cant wait for the price to drop so I can justify getting one for myself.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No reason. Looks great. Cant wait for the price to drop so I can justify getting one for myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you say that?

I think the Shockwave Brace looks almost as good and it's probably lighter.   Not to mention about 1/3 the price.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#31]
$150 for a chunk of rubber?

wow.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

wow.
View Quote

I know right? Imagine the guys that paid $10-$15k for a rdias..... Hunk of metal
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

wow.
View Quote

$50 more and you've got an actual SBR.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

I agree but....

The main benefit for me and I am sure others .... There is no restrictions crossing state lines with a "pistol" unlike an SBR
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I agree but....

The main benefit for me and I am sure others .... There is no restrictions crossing state lines with a "pistol" unlike an SBR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

I agree but....

I live in Texas, therefor I have no need to cross state lines

That and living behind enemy lines are actually valid resons for owning an AR pistol.

I just realized this was posted in the AR Pistol forum, sorry for shiting in this thread everyone
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That and living behind enemy lines are actually valid resons for owning an AR pistol.

I just realized this was posted in the AR Pistol forum, sorry for shiting in this thread everyone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

I agree but....

Dont feel bad. Lots of us forget about the states who cant have NFA goods, im guilty of it. Lots of us also wish we lived in Texas as well. Eventually im gonna retire down there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

And all the oversight, regulations, and restrictions that goes with it. No thanks.

So many advantages with a pistol platform. I honestly don't know why anyone would SBR.

In before the but but but the brace looks silly, the alfibets will ban anyday. Seriously this is all you got.

SBR is just like pre-86's, everyone who's jumped through the hoops for SBR or paid through the nose for a transferable want everyone else to feel the pain.

The SBR guys are foaming at the mouth to get the braces banned and transferable guys don't ever want the machine gun freeze to go away.

We are our own worst enemy.

I have no misconceptions about the firearms community, same old same old.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And all the oversight, regulations, and restrictions that goes with it. No thanks.
Honestly it's not that big of a deal. You pay $200, wait a few months to get your stamp and your good to go.

So many advantages with a pistol platform. I honestly don't know why anyone would SBR.
The same can be said about a SBR.

In before the but but but the brace looks silly, the alfibets will ban anyday. Seriously this is all you got.
Those are simply opinions and legitimate concerns.

SBR is just like pre-86's, everyone who's jumped through the hoops for SBR or paid through the nose for a transferable want everyone else to feel the pain.
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

The SBR guys are foaming at the mouth to get the braces banned and transferable guys don't ever want the machine gun freeze to go away.
Why would the "SBR guys" want braces banned? There is no money to be made from the banning of braces. SOME of the people who heavily invested in MG's don't want the post 86' ban lifted because it would destroy the value of said investments.

At times we truly are

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

Honestly it's not that big of a deal. You pay $200, wait a few months to get your stamp and your good to go.

Why would the "SBR guys" want braces banned? There is no money to be made from the banning of braces. SOME of the people who heavily invested in MG's don't want the post 86' ban lifted because it would destroy the value of said investments.

At times we truly are

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

At times we truly are

Get back to me when you've done adequate research to know what these terms imply:

pre-86

machine gun freeze

transferable

NFA registry and what becomes of lists

sear pack

sturmgewehr.com

tube gun

subguns.net

unintended consequences

registered dewat

rec.guns

amnesty registered

sendra

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you ever seen the government drop a tax?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but I slept in a holliday express recently.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm going to leave my Sig Brace on even after I get my stamp. Hopefully in the next two weeks. I can't wait for the range Nazi to piss himself when I shoulder it for him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm patiently waiting for the collapsible AR brace
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That one looks interesting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

wow.
View Quote

^^^^This, How can Magpul make a fully functioning adjustable stock for $40 and this I'm guessing non moving chunk of rubber or plastic is $150.  Gouge much?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this is the host, rear end looks kinda bland as is

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#49]
That would make a hilarious video.

Quoted:
I'm going to leave my Sig Brace on even after I get my stamp. Hopefully in the next two weeks. I can't wait for the range Nazi to piss himself when I shoulder it for him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any chance you have a link for that stock?
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top