Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2016 11:28:13 AM EDT
Putting together a HD build & want fixed low profile sights for quick response.
These look perfect,low profile & compact.
And they rail mount
anyone using these other than on their CZ
https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19370_Sight-Set-Evo-And-Bren
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard AR sights are raised to the point they are because the stock is inline to the bore and doesn't have any drop like most rifles.  So if you try to use very low rise sights such as these on an AR, you might not be able to get your eye low enough on the gun to line them up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Standard AR sights are raised to the point they are because the stock is inline to the bore and doesn't have any drop like most rifles.  So if you try to use very low rise sights such as these on an AR, you might not be able to get your eye low enough on the gun to line them up.
View Quote

Nailed it. Those would be too low see through.

Check out Daniel Defense A1.5 sights or Midwest Industries fixed sights for starters.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah the Daniels already caught my eye...just wanting input
although in the middle of the night situation I don't think sights are gonna play much part shoot decision
thanks guys now I gotta find me a sale
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yeah the Daniels already caught my eye...just wanting input
although in the middle of the night situation I don't think sights are gonna play much part shoot decision
thanks guys now I gotta find me a sale
View Quote

I put the CZ sights on my AR, they were a no go and I even tried them on my AR pistol.  They were so low I could not use them at all.  Get the Daniel Defense.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
DD is good to go.

Now those sights would work if you planned on building a buffer tubeless pistol. (22lr or w/e)
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to elevate the comb >1/2" to get a cheek weld w AR sights, even troy micro height sights for HK416 are too tall.   I would be able to use those sights on an AR.    thx OP
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

AR scope mounts are typically extra high for this reason as well.

One technique you can use to determine the proper height for you is to close your eyes, raise the weapon into firing position that is instinctive, then open your eyes to see where the sights are lined up. Since you don't have any sights this won't be definitive, but might give you an idea on a height best for you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Standard AR sights are high off the bore because the stock is in line and forces the bore lower.

The AR PISTOL isn't necessarily held that low - it implies you WANT to, when you aren't going to necessarily shoulder it anyway. Why hold the gun low and then tilt your head down to the buffer tube when you can hold the gun UP to your sight line?

Those will be decent sights for a PISTOL.

Some just need to think it thru. The Pistol is a 2MOA rifle cartridge gun being used at less than 80 yards aimed at an 18MOA target - at least the way I do it hunting deer.

YMMV. Aiming it at humans doesn't change anything, same MOA and usually even closer. Get the gun up to the sight line where your eyes can see it rather than forcing yourself down into a less natural and more uncomfortable position? Nobody tries to hold a handgun down that far, but the notion there's a buffer tube that can be used is where the problem starts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#9]
if your in the house you shouldn't be using sights unless you get him down the street running away
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have to elevate the comb >1/2" to get a cheek weld w AR sights, even troy micro height sights for HK416 are too tall.   I would be able to use those sights on an AR.    thx OP
View Quote

Same here, cowitness with a solid on my rifle are a bit too high for my cheeks. I can do it, just not as natural. Sounds like I need to try the HK height.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a post here not too long ago where somebody put those on his AR pistol.  Seemed to serve him quite well despite the objections.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top