User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Add another to the got impatient list. Was waiting for two.... had to go another direction. Kuddos for the contribution to the market  but it's real frustrating to be strung along. MPX is pre-order and said to not be shipping until October. I bet it goes past.... I hope not for the buyers but.... just sayin'
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,  I sent them an email inquiring about a release date and the said sometime in the 4th quarter of 2016, and that they are pushing hard for November.  I'm really excited to hear that they didn't drop this one and that it will be coming to market eventually at least.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm asked about a scorpion brace and they said there was going to be one but at this rate I could SBR it and probably come out way ahead in cost and time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
So apparently there will be two versions of this brace for ARs... the SBPDW from SB Tactical that uses a milspec buffer/spring, uses a carbine-length buffer tube, does not have QD mounts and costs $300 or so, and Maxim's brace version of their CQB stock that follows the same pricing structure as their stock version, and includes their proprietary JP silent buffer or proprietary buffer/spring and is 1" shorter than a normal carbine tube.

It seems a bit misleading to me, as SB Tactical has been putting up pictures of the Maxim version around the internet and at shows, etc but in the end it doesn't look like that's what you'll get from them or for the price point.

This is the latest photo on their facebook of the SBPDW, which they explained to me is 1" longer than the Maxim CQB stock due to using a milspec carbine buffer/spring.

And here is Maxim's photo from their Facebook. Pricing MSRP is same as their stock... $395 for the brace kit including a standard proprietary buffer/spring, going up from there... $450 for the brace kit with the JP silent spring.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The SB Tactical version literally looks like it was taken off a Grease Gun. Is just looks unrefined/unfinished imo. It's like it was just cobbled together.

Like it probably didn't cost much to make at all. Yet they want $300 for it..

Sorta looks heavier too.
An extra $95 alone seems worth it for:
-QD Mounts
-Less Weight (With the fluting/material that was cut off of the mount)
-Better Finish(?)

At this point though I'll just take the KAK Blade and Law Folder.

I'm out
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SB Tactical version literally looks like it was taken off a Grease Gun. Is just looks unrefined/unfinished imo. It's like it was just cobbled together.

Sorta looks heavier too.
-QD Mounts
-Better Finish(?)

I'm out
View Quote

I'll stick around and wait until there are some reviews.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sorta looks heavier too.

-QD Mounts

-Better Finish(?)

I'm out

View Quote
I just wish kak would make theirs fit a carbine buffer tube. . .

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Now available for Pre-Order from Maxim Defense:

Maxim Defense Pre-Order

They also seem to have another Pistol device that omits the Arm Brace portion called the "EXC".

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#9]
The SB Tactical versions is up at Optics Planet.  I still don't see it on the SB Tactical site though.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/sb-tactical-sb-pdw-pistol-stabilizing-brace.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=PLA&utm_term=&utm_campaign=1100002409463

The Maxim Defense version is 4-position, but according to the description at Optics Planet the SB Tactical version is only 2-position.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The SB Tactical versions is up at Optics Planet.  I still don't see it on the SB Tactical site though.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/sb-tactical-sb-pdw-pistol-stabilizing-brace.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=PLA&utm_term=&utm_campaign=1100002409463

The Maxim Defense version is 4-position, but according to the description at Optics Planet the SB Tactical version is only 2-position.
View Quote
That is because the SB version uses a normal carbine-length buffer tube for a standard buffer/spring, which is longer than Maxim's proprietary tube. It looks like with the SB version, you lose the shortest two settings.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Guess your right. Closer to his check but still against the body, which unless i am wrong, is what BATF says is a no no. Correct me if i am wrong though. I have a shockwave on my 308 pistol  and from what I have read over the years, its to stabilize against the arm. Something change?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the pic of the guy shouldering his "pistol".

Are you talking about the guy with the check weld while aiming?
I'm pretty sure that's not his shoulder

Guess your right. Closer to his check but still against the body, which unless i am wrong, is what BATF says is a no no. Correct me if i am wrong though. I have a shockwave on my 308 pistol  and from what I have read over the years, its to stabilize against the arm. Something change?

You can't tell it's against his body. Do you even check weld without shoulder touch bro?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can't tell it's against his body. Do you even check weld without shoulder touch bro?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the pic of the guy shouldering his "pistol".

Are you talking about the guy with the check weld while aiming?
I'm pretty sure that's not his shoulder

What is a check weld?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Are the pics of the SB version current? It doesn't look like there is a way to attach a sling. If that's the case, that's a fail.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Are the pics of the SB version current? It doesn't look like there is a away to attach a sling. If that's the case, that's a fail.
View Quote
Gotta dish out for the Maxim version if you want QD mounts. Otherwise, you can just make a 550 cord loop for a hook, etc. Or, I believe there are QD mounts that would attach to the strap?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top