User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
From their FB page:

"Maxim Defense CQB Stock System with the PDW Brace.
These should be shipping by the end of August or the first part of September. Updates to follow."
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
DO WANT!!

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From their FB page:

"Maxim Defense CQB Stock System with the PDW Brace.
These should be shipping by the end of August or the first part of September. Updates to follow."
View Quote

Still no official word on pricing but the the rumored street price is $500.  RUMORED from a local dealer that carries the other SB Braces and a few other sources. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is an email I received from SB Tactical regarding their adjustable brace pricing.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you talking about the guy with the check weld while aiming?
I'm pretty sure that's not his shoulder
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the pic of the guy shouldering his "pistol".

Deep cheek weld.  

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is an email I received from SB Tactical regarding their adjustable brace pricing.

http://i.imgur.com/YkAL7X7.png
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.  Interesting...Some sources are stating $200ish...some between $400 and $500.  Starting to wonder if there's some mixing up of the products happening from different sources since the cqb stock was at the NRA show and had the price.  I guess we wait and see.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I think a lot people are failing to see that this brace/buffer tube assembly also comes with a cut down version of the JP silent spring which runs well over $100 by itself. I can easily see this going over $200 with that part being a required component for this system to function. At $200 for a complete setup, I feel that's a pretty competitive price point. I'm expecting it to be more though.

Just my .2

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]

LOL .... I FREAK'N READ THE TOP TWO POSTS AND WAS THINKING THIS EXACT THING WHEN IT APPEARED ON MY SCREEN .

Awesome. Simply awesome. I'm here trying to decide on a KAK arm brace replacement because I don't like the grey area and I'm pointed here from another thread.

Un-be-lievable.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys this is a tech fourm and as of now it's a legal item and should be treated that way.
I for one think it's awesome but overpriced.  
   Even if this were the GD why in the world would be bashing it giving ammo to those who would want to outlaw it.
Sometimes I really can't figure out members here

For the record my forearms do have a triangular shape when flexed and that brace would be comfortable.
Not everyone has round flabby arms
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Guys this is a tech fourm and as of now it's a legal item and should be treated that way.

I for one think it's awesome but overpriced.  

Even if this were the GD why in the world would be bashing it giving ammo to those who would want to outlaw it.

Sometimes I really can't figure out members here

For the record my forearms do have a triangular shape when flexed and that brace would be comfortable.

Not everyone has round flabby arms
View Quote
Agreed, the stupidity makes my head hurt.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Did you buy your brace with the intent to shoulder it?  No? Then use it however you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess your right. Closer to his check but still against the body, which unless i am wrong, is what BATF says is a no no. Correct me if i am wrong though. I have a shockwave on my 308 pistol  and from what I have read over the years, its to stabilize against the arm. Something change?

Did you buy your brace with the intent to shoulder it?  No? Then use it however you want.

Lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#12]

The one on the AR in this pistol looks like it is made to accept snap on cheek risers...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody know if this will work on 9mm AR pistols?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Max Kingery says regardless of original intent, if you shoulder it, you're a felon.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

PLEASE let this "controversy" die!!! We are the only ones keeping it alive. Nobody is getting arrested. Nobody is getting charged. The ATF is not setting up stings trying to catch people shouldering their pistol brace at the range. Local LE doesn't know or care what the laws are regarding these items.  WE are the only ones keeping this alive!

Just buy what you like and shoot it however you like. Against your arm, cheek, chest, shoulder, or ball bag. Shoot and enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess your right. Closer to his check but still against the body, which unless i am wrong, is what BATF says is a no no. Correct me if i am wrong though. I have a shockwave on my 308 pistol  and from what I have read over the years, its to stabilize against the arm. Something change?

PLEASE let this "controversy" die!!! We are the only ones keeping it alive. Nobody is getting arrested. Nobody is getting charged. The ATF is not setting up stings trying to catch people shouldering their pistol brace at the range. Local LE doesn't know or care what the laws are regarding these items.  WE are the only ones keeping this alive!

Just buy what you like and shoot it however you like. Against your arm, cheek, chest, shoulder, or ball bag. Shoot and enjoy.

This. Do whatever you want and just don't be an idiot and post pics and videos all over the web.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
who do you know with a forearm shaped like this? And while I could see the argument the dude in the pic is getting a cheek weld and MAYBE not shouldering, he sure as hell isn't using as intended. Isn't that already a no go legally?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/13260012_1185011531517122_4152140806723952796_n.jpg
View Quote

Who cares? We really are our own worst enemy.

We all say fuck the ATF and their bull shit laws, yet so many people here love pointing out the tiniest possible infractions of said bull shit laws and crying about it and screaming "Dur muh gurd dat's iwegal!". There are companies out there pushing the limits and pushing the ATF and therefore showing how ridiculous their rules are and instead of supporting them, we get posts like this.  

Fuck the ATF and thank you to these companies and individuals pushing the limits and moving boundaries OUR way.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope. Max Kingery says regardless of original intent, if you shoulder it, you're a felon.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

The good thing is...

Max Kingery does not create LAWS; and neither does the ATF.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Just a quick bump with some newer pictures.

Can't wait for this to finally be released.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I will end up buying both, one for an MCX and one for a 300blk truck gun. I'm along the same lines as Tim from MAC, pistols are easier to cross state lines with, so I'd rather have a pistol in the truck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Ooh no! Some have a qd on them and some don't.. I need a qd or nah..
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Anymore word on when this will be released?? I'm wanting one right now
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anymore word on when this will be released?? I'm wanting one right now
View Quote

taken from a different thread:

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I cant post a screenshot of the email right now, but customer service responded and told me hopefully available by September.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Bow to your master.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in agreement until I saw the ball bag part...
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Would love a version of this for the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#28]
After some thinking. The actual stock collapses to 4 and 3/4"

Depending on the price once released, I might be better off just using a law folder and a KAK tube/brace.

Thoughts?

The only way prices between the 2 are comparable is if you already have the KAK Tube/Shockwave laying around.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

A like full stock is available from Manticore Arms for the Evo. Maybe Sven could be persuaded to develop a like brace?

https://www.manticorearms.com/scorpion-evo-products/scorpion-evo-slider-stock.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
A like full stock is available from Manticore Arms for the Evo. Maybe Sven could be persuaded to develop a like brace?

https://www.manticorearms.com/scorpion-evo-products/scorpion-evo-slider-stock.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking!

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Depending on the price once released, I might be better off just using a law folder and a KAK tube/brace.

Thoughts?

The only way prices between the 2 are comparable is if you already have the KAK Tube/Shockwave laying around.
View Quote

Depends what you're going for. If you want shortest possible OAL for storage then the law folder is probably what you want. Just remember when folded it's a single shot.

The benefit of something like this is you get a short adjustable LOP that is still fully functional at the shortest configuration; but won't be shorter overall than the law adapter folded.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck SBR's lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Intelligent
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:43:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Want.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Depends what you're going for. If you want shortest possible OAL for storage then the law folder is probably what you want. Just remember when folded it's a single shot.

The benefit of something like this is you get a short adjustable LOP that is still fully functional at the shortest configuration; but won't be shorter overall than the law adapter folded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

I don't understand why everyone is always concerned with the law folder being a single shot if folded.  It takes about an extra half a second from pulling it out of a bag to snapping the firearm so that the law folder snaps into place to be able to fire it multiple times.  If you find yourself having to pull the trigger of your firearm before you even have it out then yes it is a single shot.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In de facto usage 99.9+% of the time -- yes, all models are.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a shoulder brace on a pistol?

No!

In de facto usage 99.9+% of the time -- yes, all models are.

- OS

We are our own worst enemy...
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck SBR's lol
View Quote

At this point, pretty much.  AR Pistols have all the benifits of an SBR and none of the drawbacks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#38]
The only thing I'm not looking forward too is the weight on this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#39]
well their website shows the actual stock non brace version from 435 to 550..and I'd guess the brace will be comparable in price..I cant find it for sale anywhere..
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#40]
There an email back in this thread  saying they want to keep it under $200 if possible. But we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry if this has been posted already but has anyone seen the atf letter that shows the approval for this one?  I have not been able to find it anywhere.  Does anyone have a link?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sorry if this has been posted already but has anyone seen the atf letter that shows the approval for this one?  I have not been able to find it anywhere.  Does anyone have a link?
View Quote

If you end up buying one, they'll probably include the letter with the brace.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been walking on crutches for over 25 years. I am glad this is coming out and can't wait. I bought sig brace when it came out, it nice to be able to shoot standing up with crutches. I don't have many options.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#45]
All over this when it comes out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone heard any updates?  Is there anywhere to preorder the sbpdw?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I emailed them about pre-orders two days ago and did not hear back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#48]
This is killing me!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I got impatient and just spent the money on an MRO instead.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Impatiently waiting...
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top