Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2016 3:33:19 PM EDT
I have posted this up in the main pics thread but decided to throw her into her own thread.

I had just last month decided to get into AR15 pistols and threw together a nice budget AR15 8.5" Pistol using an Anderson Lower and Lower Parts kit along with a Shockwave Blade, KAK tube/kit and slapped a PSA Keymod upper on her with some Magpul MBUS sights.  I put her together for roughly $550 total.

I then decided I wanted another Pistol but something a tad longer and decided to do a 10.5" build.  Looking around the EE for random parts to begin the project I stumbled upon Jason at ACI and his thread on Cerakote work.  I spent a couple days looking at info on Cerakote and decided this pistol would be my first time getting this type of work done.  I was leaning towards doing this in FDE but then when I kept coming back to the distressed (2 color) pics of other folks firearms I figured 1 color wasn't enough.  I had narrowed down that I wanted this done either in the FDE/Black distressed or the Burnt Bronze distressed cerakote.  

I spent a couple more days trying to decided which I liked more and then Jason posted up pics of the White distressed (stormtrooper) cerakote work they had just done and I was instantly sold on going this route.  I spent a few days talking back and forth via email with Jason before I got everything squared away for what I wanted to do with the cerakote work.  I last minute decided I wanted something a little different for the handguard than what normally comes on the budget build ACI uppers and board member JS13 had the Seekins BAR handguard for sale in the EE.  I reached out to him via email and we worked out a deal and he had the handguard to me within 2 days of payment so I could forward it along to ACI in Florida for the cerakote work.

During the insanely quick turnaround time with ACI doing the Cerakote work (less than 2 weeks) I put in orders for all the parts to complete the build which included purchases from AimSurplus, Primary Arms, KAK Industries, Optics Planet, Lanbo's Armory (my new favorite site by far), Right To Bear Arms, MidwayUSA and Palmetto State Armory.

The last pieces to arrive at the beginning of this week were the Eotech from Optics Planet and the AXTS Raptor Charging Handle and Seekins Bolt Catch from Lanbo's.

Here she is complete along with prices on the parts for her.  She sure did get expensive quickly but should be a hell of a nice shooter.  

I will be diving into the world of NFA items in getting my first suppressor for her.  I will be starting the process ASAP and if I am lucky I will have the suppressor by the end of the year.

Thank you again to Jason and company over at ACI (Andro Corp Industries) for the amazing cerakote job they did on this AR.  If you are interested in seeing what they can do check out in the EE their cerakote thread.  They are AR15 Industry partners and you will be very very happy with the work they do.

Also thank you to board member JS13 for getting the Seekins Bar Handguard to me as quickly as you did so I could move forward on this project.

Lower
----------------------

Anderson Lower w/ Trigger Guard $40
Anderson Lower Essential Parts Kit $30
Magpul MOE Grip $20
Mega Arms Tactical Trigger $60
ALG Defense QMS Hammer/Spring $25
KNS Precision Non-Rotating Pins $30
Battle Arms Enhanced Titanium Takedown & Pivot Pins $30
Seekins Precision Ambidextrous Safety Selector (Aluminum/Silver) $38
Seekins Precision Mag Button (Aluminum/Silver) $6
Seekins Precision Bolt Catch $12
Leo Armory Engraved Dust Cover $30
Tactical Freedom USA Skull Gunmetal $10
Titanium Dust Cover Pin $11
JP Polished Spring and Spikes Buffer $60
Law Tactical Gen 3-M Folding Adapter $195

Mags include 2 30 Rd Pmags, 1 30 Rd Hexmag and a 40 Rd Pmag $55

Total = $652 with a few random parts leftover from Lower Essentials Kit and ALG QMS Trigger that I poached the Hammer/spring from for the Mega Arms Tactical Trigger

Upper
----------------------
ACI 10.5" Upper $230  .223 / 5.56 (This was minus BCG, Charging Handle and handguard found on the budget upper)
Barrel Swap to 8" ACI 300 Blackout $80 (Difference is buying new barrel, gas tube, shipping and selling off the other barrel and gas tube)
Seekins Precision 9" Bar Handguard / Free Float Rail $110
Griffin Armament Mini Flash Suppressor $80
Griffin Armament Taper Mount Minimalist Blast Shield $95
BCM Angled Foregrip $20
AIM Surplus V2 Black Nitride BCG $100
AXTS Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle $80
Shockwave Blade & KAK Industries Pistol Buffer Tube Kit $85
Magpul ASAP plate w/ Magpul MS3 sling $75
Magpul MBUS front/back $80
Eotech XPS2-0 $450
Scopecoat for XPS2-0 $23
Vortex VMX-3T 3x Magnifier $200

Total = $1708

Cerakote Work w/ ACI = $320

Grand Total = $2680                  

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the best looking weapons I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a fan of the worn/dirty CeraKote refinish.

Other than that, it seems like a nice build.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
how do you like the mini flash can?  it looks good from here..
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks good!

I'm also interested in feedback on the mini flash can...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to really shitty weather this week/weekend for my part of Ohio I am stuck waiting until the middle of May with my work schedule to get this outside for the first time.

I will post up a report on the mini can and hopefully we will get some video of us shooting it and a few other goodies I have built so far this year.  We are aiming to get some early night shoots also to see what sort of fireballs we can get with this one and my 8.5" AR pistol.  I will have to remember to take out a couple hundred tracer rounds also for the night shooting.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a chance on Sunday to run about 300 rounds through her.  She functioned perfectly with about 7 different types of ammo and a variety of mags.

The KAK mini can did a great job of pushing the concussion down and away from the firing line.  Had friends on both sides of me who said compared to the other AR pistol I brought out that just had a standard A2 flash hider on it that this didn't really annoy them while shooting next to me.

I am gonna throw a KAK Mini can onto my other pistol later in the week based on how well it worked on this one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:03:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks killer. I just finished mine about two weeks ago as well. Also went with a blast diffuser. I love the way they throw all of the gas forward. That and I love the machining on this one in particular!

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks killer. I just finished mine about two weeks ago as well. Also went with a blast diffuser. I love the way they throw all of the gas forward. That and I love the machining on this one in particular!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/drumvudu/IMG_2873_zpsv3i10oo5.jpg
View Quote

Looks nice.  I am sending the upper back down to Jason and ACI in Florida to have the 10.5" barrel pulled and swapped out to an 8" 300 Blackout barrel and having a Griffin Mini Flash Suppressor slapped onto it.  Just ordered my first silencer being the Griffin Optimus and figured getting this switched to 300 blackout with the 8" barrel and Griffin Mini is going to look pretty badass, the can will sit about an inch down into the Seekins BAR rail.

She shoots really well as is but should be beyond fun as a 300 blackout with the can on her.

Also update the OP with some new pics of her.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the upper back from Jason and ACI a couple weeks ago, just now getting a chance to take some pictures.  The 10.5" 5.56 barrel was pulled and swapped out to an 8" 300 blackout barrel.  I am rocking a Griffin Armament Mini Flash Suppressor on the barrel which extends to exactly where the 9" Seekins Bar handguard ends.  Until I get my Griffin Optimus Silencer in my possession I will be running the added Griffin Taper Mount Minimalist Blast Shield just to make sure I don't do anything to the end of the rail shooting this firearm.  I have recently added a Vortex VMX-3T Magnifier onto the pistol and I am waiting for 1 missing piece to be able to throw a Law Tactical Gen 3-M folding adapter onto her.  The overall amount of money going into her along with the silencer and tax stamp could get me a gently used Barrett 50 cal. rifle.  

Thanks again Jason, this turned out as usual better than expected.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I was saddened to learn that I couldn't use a JP Silent Captured Spring setup with the Law Tactical folding adapter.  Had to settle on one of the JP Polished springs with one of my Spikes buffers.

Will post up pics with the Law Tactical folding adapter on her sometime next week.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top