Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 12:19:51 AM EDT
If I have a KAK Shockwave brace on my AR pistol, can I install the LAW folding adapter to store the pistol in a more compact fashion?  The Shockwave is not a stock, so it wouldn't be a "folding stock" thus making it an SBR, right?

If this has been brought up before, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
If it isn't a stock when it is extended, why would it be a stock when it's folded?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is legal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:17:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it isn't a stock when it is extended, why would it be a stock when it's folded?
View Quote

Because we have seen crazier shit.  Sig Brace. It's not a stock if you don't shoulder it, but it becomes one if you do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because we have seen crazier shit.  Sig Brace. It's not a stock if you don't shoulder it, but it becomes one if you do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you plan to fold it then shoulder it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why yes, yes of course.....  :-/   I wasn't sure on the folder on a pistol law but that doesn't make me an idiot.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty sure it's legal. Atlantic Firearms sells a folding adapter for the SB47/SIG brace on an AK pistol, there's no mention of NFA on that page. You could contact Atlantic and confirm that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was really more of an opinion than law, from what several ATF agents have told me, they figure they would loose in court, if they charged some one. From what the ATF has said they are mainly going to throw this at you if you commit other crimes, to see what sticks. Like say you were committing a bank robbery with an AR pistol shouldered.

As far as your original question you can use the LAW folding mechanism on your pistol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes it is legal and if I knew how to post pictures on this forum I would show you my AR pistol with folding "BUFFER TUBE".

Also if you put a LAW folder on a 10.5" (or more) pistol , it will be 26"+ overall and you can put a forward vertical grip on it, then it would be classified as a "Firearm" and would still be legal!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top