Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 12:45:31 PM EDT
I have been doing some reading and decided to plan a pistol build in the furture cambered for 5.45.  What barrel length would be ideal for this round. From what i read it get a bad rep for accuracy due to the sights on aks. Also the other downside wohld be that it is corrosive. I am only going to be using maybe out to 200 or 300 yards at most.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't really see a reason why you'd go 5.45 when it's so similar to 5.56 and the surplus is no longer 8 cents a round.  I understand wanting 7.62x39 or 300 blk for .30 cal options, but why 5.45?

Ballistic Advantage had some shorter 5.45 options listed.  Looks like the only thing currently in stock is 14.5" though.  Most of the barrels have dried up with the surplus ammo.  Not much demand I'd imagine.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top