Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2016 11:04:59 AM EDT
All,
I would like to get a new buffer endplate adapter which allows a sling to be hooked up to it. I have seen a few on the net. Just looking to see which ones people prefer. If you have any experiences with any please list the positives or negatives of them. I'm looking to go to a single point sling type deal. This will be for a 8.5inches barreled 300blackout. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
This is one that I have :

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-QD-End-Plate-p/bcm-epm4-qd.htm

It's a high quality unit and you can pop the mount off when not in use.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Damage Industries steel magnetite version on all my rifles.  They have a 50% off sale a few times a year and I stock up on them.  They are around $16 normally.  You can get the Damage, BCM, IWC and a few others in the $18-$25 price range.  They are all good, pick your favorite vendor/ manufacture and go from them.  I prefer the steel version myself.  I like the Damage magnetite because the color more closely matches my lowers/ uppers, it is more of a black color compared to a grayish color like most others.  It's not a deal breaker but I like that they more closely match my lowers/ uppers in color.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hippie kicker plate is a good one and the guy the guy that makes them is a member here.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the solid billet one from Impact Weapons
IWC
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here ya go
View Quote

Product Description:
Is not a blatant ripoff of an existing product. You know who you are T***CO and B**TAC

OH HELL NO!!!

Talk about a call out!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Damage Industried QD plate and it works fine, but I like the idea of Magpul's ASAP-QD that is angled down for better access. Not sure it's worth the extra cost though
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the one I use. Very high quality and versatile:

Troy Industries OEM M4 Receiver End Plate Sling Mount
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058265642/troy-industries-oem-m4-receiver-end-plate-sling-mount-adapter-2-position-ambidextrous-with-quick-detach-sling-swivel-ar-15-lr-308-carbine-aluminum

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is the one I use. Very high quality and versatile:

Troy Industries OEM M4 Receiver End Plate Sling Mount
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058265642/troy-industries-oem-m4-receiver-end-plate-sling-mount-adapter-2-position-ambidextrous-with-quick-detach-sling-swivel-ar-15-lr-308-carbine-aluminum

View Quote

Now you've done it
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The Magpul does add a little flare and is very nice, I have one but still prefer the iwc.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IWC
View Quote

This .....^.   Another real nice QD endplate.  Both BCM and IWC are well made.  I use both.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have the Damage Industried QD plate and it works fine, but I like the idea of Magpul's ASAP-QD that is angled down for better access. Not sure it's worth the extra cost though
View Quote

I got the Magpul locally for a build and couldn't wait for the IWC to ship. I've since gotten the IWC's in. Both of them are on pistol builds. If they were the same price or $1-2 different, I'd go with the Magpul. But at $6 more for the Magpul, I saved some money and went with more IWCs. But for me, I was getting a few of them for a number of builds. As a one-off purchase, I'd probably have just gone with Magpul because I can find it locally.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the magpul ASAP on several rifles/pistols, I also have the BCM qd end plate mostly because it was cheaper than magpul. I personally would not go with a singal point unless you only plan to use this for tier 1 operator training. I much prefer the 2 point/single point slings made my several manufactures. Having hunted with a single point for several years, than switching to 2/1 point. The only time I use the single point is if I am sitting in the deer stand, the rest of the time I use the 2 point.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had my qd pop off one popular qd end plate. I blame it on the "limited rotational" feature. I've never had one accidentally come off one that allows full rotation. Ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have had my qd pop off one popular qd end plate. I blame it on the "limited rotational" feature. I've never had one accidentally come off one that allows full rotation. Ymmv.
View Quote

Which one?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Which one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one?

M _ _ _ _ L

It popped off several times deer season. Thank goodness i had a hand on the rifle everytime.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
As someone else stated.... I like the Magpul ASAP QD and the BattleLink Z360 QD mounts as they have an angle to them allowing for free swing movement on strong/weak side transition. The also are easier to connect and disconnect as they clear the buffer tube better.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I still use Noveske endplates on my carbines and pistols.

They're not as common anymore and others have very similar ones, but they're what I know, so I try to source one when I assemble a new AR.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Noveske or IWC

Whichever you can get cheaper.

TBH though I like the IWC since it's melonited. The Noveske one will stake a lot easier, unless you have a carbide tipped auto-punch.

By the time I finished staking my IWC end plate, my $5 punch was rather blunt.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
IWC
View Quote

+1!  Love the IWC one! I have one and it's great.

My 2nd choice would be the Bravo Company listed above.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm partial to the CQD end plate but I guess I'm used to it. CQD
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here ya go
View Quote

Almost every one of my AR's has one of these. Great product.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IWC

This...I have one of each.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here ya go
View Quote

Almost every one of my AR's has one of these. Great product.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip - looking for a one point sling endplate... this is perfect.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
IWC
View Quote

This or BCM
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top