Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 11:24:51 AM EDT
Gonna put together a 7.5 pistol.. Im open to ideas on how you guys would make one. Ive got a few things picked out but Id like to tier 1 this bitch out just for shits and giggles. Help me become operator status  .... Actually Im in a rare spot of being able to kind of splurge on this (without getting just absolutely stupid)

So far Ive got the following ordered or have already

Spikes punisher lower
geissele super dynamic 3 gun trigger
spikes pistol buffer kit

I currently have in carts to order

From Primary Arms

Wheeler Roll Pin Punch Set
Seekins Precision Billet Magazine Release Button

From DSG Arms

Seekins Precision Ambi Safety Selector
Noveske Takedown and Pivot Pin Set
DSG AR15/M15 Enhanced Bolt Catch
SigTac SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace

Palmetto State

PSA Defender MOE Lower Parts Kit - No Ambi Safety -

Im open to suggestions on all of this stuff, well except the stuff Ive already bought ... Haven't made my mind up on an upper yet. Id like to buy one complete though. My last 7.5 barrel I had was a spikes with a kak flash can on it. I liked it but i cant seem to find that one anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a trust and do an sbr.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
if you dont do an sbr get the kak tube and shockwave brace instead of the sb15. an adjustable gas block, heavy buffer and upgraded extractor will help it cycle correctly
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I would use at least a 10.5 inch barrel.... my plan is a 12.5 for my next pistol upper.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would use at least a 10.5 inch barrel.... my plan is a 12.5 for my next pistol upper.

View Quote

I wanted to go with a 10.5 just to quite it down even just a little, not to mention helping clear up any gas problems.. But my gf wants the shortest thing possible...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wanted to go with a 10.5 just to quite it down even just a little, not to mention helping clear up any gas problems.. But my gf wants the shortest thing possible...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She actually said that?!?! First woman to ever say those words  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Well then go 9" 300blk, a 7.5" 5.56 is a range toy that's about it. I agree if not going to SBR get the KAK Shockwave brace and tube
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well then go 9" 300blk, a 7.5" 5.56 is a range toy that's about it. I agree if not going to SBR get the KAK Shockwave brace and tube
View Quote

This is STRICTLY a range toy. She wants to stay with 556 to keep down on having different calibers. She already has a S&W AR..
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew that comment would come back to bite me in the ass lol... but yes.. thats the only thing she prefers short
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Why not finish off that Punisher lower with a matching Spikes billet upper? I have one on my 300 and its nice. Also would go over to SLR Rifleworks and start looking at their rails. Apparently your GF needs something tiny to get her hands wrapped around and they fit the bill
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll say that my pistol was as much of a "build" as it was a "mod"...but here she is:

It began it's life as a 7.5" Rock River pistol. Out of the box, it ran flawlessly with quality ammo.

I landed up changing out the following:

Grip- Magpul MOE Sl grip (made for short LOP ARs)
Handguard- Seekins MCSR V2 7" rail
Flash hider- Smith Vortex
Buffer tube- KAK made forthe Sig brace (hated the Sig brace, sold it)
Sights- Magpul MBUS
Trigger- Rock River 2-stage match
Gas Block YHM low profile
Hand rest- BCM KAG

The sight mount is a LaRue, the sight is a Gen 2 Primary Arms micro.

The thing runs like a top. I know many will say that a pistol is over gassed, but mine actually requires higher quality ammo to cycle. My 16" carbine will eat Silver Bear .223 all day, this one will short stroke with the stuff (yes, even with a standard buffer). Wolf Gold runs great through it and is fairly affordable to shoot.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We sell the hell out of 7.5" uppers here and on our website. You don't have to go up to a 10.5" barrel for it to be reliable. Our 7.5s run 100%. My advice is to stick with your 7.5" plan and look into the Thordsen Enhanced Cheek Riser kit. It attaches to a standard M4 buffer tube so if you plan to SBR it down the road that part is already taken care of. We sell everything you would need

J
View Quote

I had planned on going with you guys but checked out your 7.5 barrels and it showed out of stock..
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had 15 of them available yesterday and just sold them all to dealers in complete uppers and firearms. I will have more next week
View Quote

Well damn. I ordered an upper yesterday- mid morning... I was going to send you an email but had noticed the site saying OOS so I just moved on...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And next time Email me first! I can usually make something happen
View Quote

Ive got a couple more lowers laying around. Gonna make another pistol out of one. You will be my first stop..
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top