Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 3:37:48 PM EDT
I'm building an 8.5" 300 blackout pistol and just need to get a charging handle to finish it up. I am trying to choose between the BCM or the Raptor handle. My brothers rifle has the BCM gunfighter handle but since mine will be a pistol, I'm worried that when it is slung across my chest that the left side of the handle will dig into me. I see the Raptor looks like it might be more comfortable than the BCM. Thoughts? Advise? other options? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Basic forged handle here.  Never felt a need to change it, the original style does just fine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basic forged handle here.  Never felt a need to change it, the original style does just fine.
View Quote

Yep, standard on both of mine, no scope sticking out back there to get in way or anything. Didn't want anything making either one of them wider at any point.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
BCM gunfighter on everything! If you're worried about it stabbing you get the smaller latch mod 5
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BCM gunfighter on everything! If you're worried about it stabbing you get the smaller latch mod 5
View Quote

Oh OK I see, my bro has a mod 5 and now I see how much smaller the mod 3 lever is. Now I'm considering the BCM again, thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh OK I see, my bro has a mod 5 and now I see how much smaller the mod 3 lever is. Now I'm considering the BCM again, thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got the mod 3 on a rifle, to clear the scope, and it does not dig into me at all when slung FWIW
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, standard on both of mine, no scope sticking out back there to get in way or anything. Didn't want anything making either one of them wider at any point.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

I can't stand standard charging handles, literally 10 times more difficult to use than extended handles.  Extended should be OEM.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Really?  You consider actuating a charging handle difficult on any scale?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't have to do it very often either.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Exactly.  For the most part, one time per range visit.  Oh dear what would one do without a fancy handle.

$20 forged handle from Spikes.  Durability over cool points.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:22:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. I've tried extended latches on rifles, and for me, the only thing they improved was someone else's bank account.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:20:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I find charge handles on ebay of 7075 for under $20... work fine in my pistols. Only use an extended CH on one AR rifle with a large scope.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Exactly.  For the most part, one time per range visit.  Oh dear what would one do without a fancy handle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Oh?  the enhanced charging handles are LESS durable?

Tell me more.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep. I've tried extended latches on rifles, and for me, the only thing they improved was someone else's bank account.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a lefty, they absolutely improve the experience.

In competition, or I imagine battle... they greatly enhance the ability to clear a malfunction should one exist, and assist in unloading and showing clear at the end of a stage.

Love my Raptors.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I like BCM gunfighter CHs... Mod 3 and 4. Haven't had a chance to try a raptor, but I'm sure they are nice. You never hear anything bad about the raptors and they look like a joy to use. If you want to look at BCMs kinda/sorta answer to the ambi approach you should check out the BCM a44.

I like standard handles too. I don't discriminate. If you like it use it. Use it a lot. Most military weapons use standard CHs and it works just fine for them. I like to splurge on my own guns cause I can. :)
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I use a standard G.I. charging handle with Badger latches.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]
bravo co. medium charging handle
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#17]
raptors
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Most of my charging handles are actually BCM mod4's, BUT the original type work more than just fine. It's a low priority, going forward.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]
No real preference, original, PSA extended, Raptor and BCM.  Whatever was on sale at the time and struck my fancy.   I do prefer a little larger more extension than stock on my glassed stuff.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I use the  Brownell's Paratrooper Folding CH.

Pricey little ge-gaw but works great for me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Raptor.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.....BCM mod4.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I have two BCM and one Raptor, I like the Raptor the best of the bunch.  Although one of the BCM's were the blemished/seconds that they were selling a while back so for the money its really good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This on everything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This on everything.

Ding ding.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I put a BCM Mod4 on all of them, including my pistol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I love the gunfighter handle. It really seems a lot more solid for one handed charging. Anyway, not anything that hasn't been said before. I believe the BCM is considerably cheaper, anyway.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top