Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2016 3:35:01 PM EDT
I am planning to build a 11.5 and my father is doing a 10.3. Should we order the Blade Kit from KAK with a standard buffer or H2 buffer for $10 more?

We shoot a wide variety ammo...
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
i use h buffers on my 7.5 so i doubt a h2 will matter but it also depends on how its put together
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
For a mere $10 more I'd go for the H2 and if you already have a std buffer you could switch weights around and make two H buffers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a mere $10 more I'd go for the H2 and if you already have a std buffer you could switch weights around and make two H buffers.
View Quote

I do not have a standard for the 11.5, but I do have one in my 16". Can I take a weight out of the H2 and make it an H?

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I use H2 in anything 5.56,  10.5" and shorter.

Dave N
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I do not have a standard for the 11.5, but I do have one in my 16". Can I take a weight out of the H2 and make it an H?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you can't add or take weight out of  buffers.  The "can" factor becomes almost anything "can be done" but since most buffers are formed with the weights inside them with no access, it will be more of a headache than it is worth.  I would  have to double check but may have seen a high end buffers that were user adjustable. Although the price was way beyond buying all the different buffers and having the others as spares.  It doesn't sound like you are going to fine tune that far into all the details.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had no issues with the KAK and standard buffer on a 7.5, 8.5, 10.5(.300).
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No you can't add or take weight out of  buffers.  The "can" factor becomes almost anything "can be done" but since most buffers are formed with the weights inside them with no access, it will be more of a headache than it is worth.  I would  have to double check but may have seen a high end buffers that were user adjustable. Although the price was way beyond buying all the different buffers and having the others as spares.  It doesn't sound like you are going to fine tune that far into all the details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KAK sells a kit with adjustable weights IIRC
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can easily add/ remove weights from buffers.  What buffers are you using that are "formed" with the weights inside them and not accessible?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You can easily add/ remove weights from buffers.  What buffers are you using that are "formed" with the weights inside them and not accessible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, no idea what type buffers he's going on about. Everyone I've ever seen are made like these:

- OS
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No clue what this is supposed to mean.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep, no idea what type buffers he's going on about. Everyone I've ever seen are made like these:

http://i42.tinypic.com/xdxmdh.jpg

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Every buffer I have ever owned from multiple manufacturers is made just like above knock out the pin and move the weights around.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered the tube and blade and just used a standard buffer and carbine spring I has laying around and it works fine on my 7.5, ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knock out the pin in the rubber bumper and add weights or remove weights. It is a simple process.  I can't remember which coins fit but I thank pennies, dimes or nickles fit if you want an easy way to add weight. Remove the unweighted spacers and add coins in their place.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Knock out the pin in the rubber bumper and add weights or remove weights. It is a simple process.  I can't remember which coins fit but I thank pennies, dimes or nickles fit if you want an easy way to add weight. Remove the unweighted spacers and add coins in their place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The unweighted spacers sorta need to be in the buffer to provide the proper loose internal movement to help reduce bolt bounce, unless your are trying to mimic the solid 9mm buffers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Thank you OhShoot: for the correction of my misinformation and the education about buffers. It appears I have been screwed and mislead to farther ignorance by bad gun show dealers, who also sold me inferior buffers for spares and future builds. Knowing now to look for the pin I have replaced  every one of them with correct buffers. The buffers in the Rifles/carbines I've bought all are correct and I didn't pick up on the difference from cleaning.

to answer QtrHorse  question about what brand, I don't know. The ones I have don't have any defining marks that  I've found. The heads are both round and with edges styles,  one in the group has a  black finish. Which is not just spray painted and can't be scraped off or scratched easily. Although some wear marks does show the metal from impacts from a BCG. None of the  silicone rubber  tips  pop out for access. Their weights feel equal to standard carbines, I don't have a scale small enough & convenient to weigh them properly. Weights(or whatever garbage is inside) moves freely in them.

I was mislead by the crooked and greedy and arfcom has lead me back into the light. Thank you for the corrections with out the flaming.

images of the 3 styles variations as warnings and for the curious , I have multiple copies but these are the color,  tip & head variations out of the group.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top