Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 4:53:02 PM EDT
I haven't seen this discussed-so I'll solicit some opinions.
Aside from all the "you can't go back to a pistol configuration talk" let's say you have a multi- cal. marked lower with one of the "braces" afixed on a pistol buffer tube..you attach a carbine length upper.  Is this now an ATF definition legal rifle?  I won't ask the Feds!!  Thanks for any responses. expo
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
The only thing that makes it a rifle is  a buttstock.
It is a long barreled handgun.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.
The only thing that makes it a rifle is  a buttstock.
It is a long barreled handgun.

View Quote

According to Max Kingery, using the brace against the shoulder would make it a rifle, but in this case, not an illegal one.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
So, it's a long barreled pistol until you shoulder it~~making the arm brace a stock~~ then it becomes a legal rifle?    Allrightythen and who is Max Kingery¿  OP
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, it's a long barreled pistol until you shoulder it~~making the arm brace a stock~~ then it becomes a legal rifle?    Allrightythen and who is Max Kingery¿  OP
View Quote

ATF suit who delivered the most recent ruling regarding pistol braces:

https://www.atf.gov/file/11816/download

- OS
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top