AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:10:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet you only use one hand on your handguns as well "per ATF".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you only use one hand on your handguns as well "per ATF".

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Hard to prove that, but since:

"The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign”....

Pretty easy to prove that with testimony of witnesses or video.

But they don't want this in court, they'll settle for their traditional intimation culture.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ha ha ha

Who "intends" to shoulder it? I don't!...

Intent doesn't matter any more according to Mad Max, only whether you actually do it.

- OS

from the link above, the ATF letter mentions "intends". I guess the thought police will arrest us for intending to shoulder it.

Hard to prove that, but since:

"The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign”....

Pretty easy to prove that with testimony of witnesses or video.

But they don't want this in court, they'll settle for their traditional intimation culture.

- OS

I am pretty sure we all know that. My point was the word "intends". Intentions mean nothing.  We all intend to use it as designed. Dont you?  LOL. The ATF are fucking clowns. That is my point.

Shouldering it in a video is not intended, it is actually breaking the law.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't believe you will ever see a Shockwave brace made for a carbine extension. The criteria for a buffer tube for a AR-15 pistol is that a regular stock (fixed or collapseable) cannot fit on the tube. That is why buffer tubes for pistols are larger in diameter than regular buffer tubes.  If shockwave created a blade that fit on a regular extension, then I believe the ATF would shut them down due to the confusion it would create and how it would blur the line between a brace and a stock.

I would just buy one of the KAK tubes and put it on your rifle.  As far as I know, it's not against current law to place a pistol buffer tube on a rifle as long as the overall length is reduced below the federally mandated minimum length.
View Quote

Where did you hear that? I think I've read letters saying you can use a car tube or rifle extension, just not put the stock on it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
cannot find them on their website...can someone IM me a link...ops does not work
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where did you hear that? I think I've read letters saying you can use a car tube or rifle extension, just not put the stock on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe you will ever see a Shockwave brace made for a carbine extension. The criteria for a buffer tube for a AR-15 pistol is that a regular stock (fixed or collapseable) cannot fit on the tube. That is why buffer tubes for pistols are larger in diameter than regular buffer tubes.  If shockwave created a blade that fit on a regular extension, then I believe the ATF would shut them down due to the confusion it would create and how it would blur the line between a brace and a stock.

I would just buy one of the KAK tubes and put it on your rifle.  As far as I know, it's not against current law to place a pistol buffer tube on a rifle as long as the overall length is reduced below the federally mandated minimum length.

Wrong. You can use a standard buffer tube legally on a pistol lower.

Dave N
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
cannot find them on their website...can someone IM me a link...ops does not work
View Quote

Sold out and will not be getting any more according to the distributor.

Dave N
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dave N
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

I am afraid you are wrong.

Here is the ATF Letter on the matter. Please read the last paragraph very carefully.  That is why receiver extensions for pistols are larger in diameter to avoid running into trouble with the ATF.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here is the ATF Letter on the matter. Please read the last paragraph very carefully.  That is why receiver extensions for pistols are larger in diameter to avoid running into trouble with the ATF.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/18_Zulu/atf_letter.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

A helpful warning to protect the stupid. And like many ATF rulings, "correct but incomplete".  It still takes an attachable stock with no useful purpose other than to make an NFA firearm to be in violation. Same condition for possession of a short barrel or vertical forward grip. This is all completely clear if you understand the Thompson Decision as regards "possessive construction".

Here are two more I had handy, a bit more descriptive, yet both still incomplete in actual fact. However, they both clearly refute your contention as some sort of absolute:

"When assembling a stripped receiver, can a standard carbine buffer tube (no stock
attached) be used in place of a pistol buffer tube for a legal pistol?

Yes, a carbine receiver which is designed to house the buffer and buffer spring may
be used. However, modifications made to this assembly for other than its intended
purpose could be construed as the making of a shoulder stock.

- Earl Griffith, 2/25/2013"

"You further inquire whether you must use a short buffer tube designed for an AR
with a collapsible buttstock or whether usinag a standard buffer tube would be
permissible.

With respect to buffer tubes, the use of either buffer tube you describe is
permissible. However possessing a rifle buttstock that could redily be installed on
your pistol could constitute possession of a short-barreled rifle."

- Sterling Nixon 11/30/2004

- OS

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

You're wrong, a standard rifle or carbine tube/extension can be used.

I have it saved at home, but I snagged it from our BATF'&E' Letters Thread
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

[u]You might want to check the updated letter.
2/13
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I got one from Amazon with 10% off for using my Chase Freedom cc. Best deal I could find now.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top