Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2015 10:25:39 PM EDT
Do any of the fellow members have the LWRC PSD 8.5" 5.56 pistol? If so, how has the performance and reliability of the pistol been? Any regrets purchasing?

It appears that purchasing this pistol is ~$600 premium over building a high quality gas pistol. I'm curious if it's worth the extra $ for a complete factory pistol with a piston system as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry I cant comment on this specific LWRC upper. I know they make great gear. I have had a shorty piston upper, it ran great but was stupid heavy. Really reminded me of a 9mm conversion weight wise. Lately I just pick up parts I like and build my own, even if I had the cash flow I can't justify spending $1500 on an upper. I know guys do it all the time on here and would bash me for saying it, but I've run $1500 uppers on my lower just as hard as my $500 and $800 uppers and ended up having more issues with the more expensive equipment than the ones I built myself.

Plus half the hobby for me is building my own gear.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell no its not worth it. A DI 8.5 will run just fine. Use an H3 buffer and extra power extractor spring.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top