Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2015 6:12:23 PM EDT
I was looking at their website and I saw that they have the 10.5 CHF 5.56  version and also have the same but its not a CHF barrel. the CHF barrel cost more and I was wondering if its worth the extra $100. I tried calling PSA to ask but you can never get to speak with anyone or they will not respond to any emails. I would appreciate and information about this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Put the hundred toward something you might consider cheaping out on. If your loaded with money then go for it. I got the nitrided 10.5.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather have the CHF 10.5 from PSA. They do not reveal who makes the barrel or whether not not they are nitrided with the extension torqued or not. The CHF barrel is FN and one of the best you can get.

My 10.5'' AR has a Ballistic Advantage barrel. It's fantastic for the price and I know it's done right.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to fall down on side of the CHF from personal experience.  All my CHF barrels from PSA are submoa shooters with the right ammo.  I have three 20" and 1 16" CHF barrels from them, their so called MG Steel and can't say enough good things about them.  I have other barrels are good enough but those are the ones that I get out when I want to shoot long range precision.  They're so good that after I confirmed all three 20" barrels I keep one just as a complete upper that I'm saving for the day that the invaders from mars show up.  

Full disclosure I haven't bought a CHF barrel from them in a couple of years so I can't speak to their current product but if I was in the market they'd be at the top of my list for anything but a super high end money is not object build. (then I'd go with a Ranier Ultramatch, I love my 300BO Ranier UM barrel too)
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
how is that barrel holding up? they have it on sale now for $180 so that would be a $120 less than the chf barrel
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The 10.5 CHF are awesome. Can't speak for the other one. But for 3 builds the CHF rocks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how is that barrel holding up? they have it on sale now for $180 so that would be a $120 less than the chf barrel
View Quote

I just got mine delivered last week. Waiting for my lower to clear the background check. Got denied for some reason unknown although it was the day after the school shooting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I got the CHF upper when they were on sale, very happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two of the psa / fn chf 10.5 uppers.
2500 on one 2000 on the other. They are good shooters and are standing up to 500 rnd day fast rate of fire just fine.

Many years ago i made a saw barrel glow red i've been a firm believer in fn barrels ever since.

While nitride may end up being the new wonder coating for barrels..... currently zero proof exist that i've seen that it's better than cl.
I'm convinced it makes a barrel last longer than a non coated barrel but not that it last longer than chrome lining especially fn chrome lining.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 12" psa FN CHF Barrel and it kicks ass all day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the CHF upper when they were on sale, very happy with it.
View Quote

yeah the CHF is on sale for $300 and I ended up ordering it yesterday. soo ill see how long it takes to get it I have seen that some people have been getting things faster from them. last year when I ordered from them it almost took 2 months to ship them to me. now I was wondering what would be a good muzzle break for it with that 10.5 barrel. I was looking into the troy claymore to push the blast forwards. I also saw a lot of people used the noveske pig the new and old one but they say that it is to heavy.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top