Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 2:46:40 PM EDT
Good Afternoon,

I'm inquiring about the NEA CCP System (see below).  I've read a review from Recoil magazine, but can't seem to find any other reviews or experiences.  It may be too new.  Does anyone have any experiences with the pistol system?  It's based on the stock system, so maybe that's good enough.

NEA CCP System

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't tried it but it's based on, or a take off of, the Gunsmoke 2nd generation set up.

The Gunsmoke 1st gen. was finicky at best and got a bad reputation. I did try that one, just couldn't get it reliable for me.

I've heard the gen 2 is much better but the gen 1 just left too bad a taste in my mouth. I'm also not a fan of the proprietary parts aspect.

I know this doesn't help you but ....

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
i will have to parrot the above, except i did not use either of the first generations of this recoil system. i am usually a late adapter of all things new, and from everything i read it seemed to be a failed concept. maybe someone has figured it out by now (i was interested in this more than a decade ago).
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The real put off is the $280 price tag, if I wanted it short sometimes, I would buy a LAW folding adapter.   No gain in performance with that short tube.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the same system as the stock which I've had for about 2 years now without any issues.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the same system as the stock which I've had for about 2 years now without any issues.
View Quote

That's what I figured.

Did you have to adjust the gas system at all?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope. I first ran it on a 11.3" Wilson 300blk pistol gas and it didn't need any tuning. Now I have it on 14.5" 5.56 with carbine and it runs fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top