Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2015 12:38:10 AM EDT
Trying to lighten up my Sig M400 pistol. I have heard the SB15 brace weighs around 12 ounces although I have not weighed it myself. Anyone have both on a shelf and a postal scale?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#1]
a little off topic, but if you really want to save some weight you should consider the shockwave setup
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

a little off topic, but if you really want to save some weight you should consider the shockwave setup
View Quote
^^^ I will NEVER own a Sig brace again they are too dam heavy. Go Shockwave with there matching tube.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Trying to lighten up my Sig M400 pistol. I have heard the SB15 brace weighs around 12 ounces although I have not weighed it myself. Anyone have both on a shelf and a postal scale?
View Quote
If the sb15 is that newer one then the older one is about 12 ozs as well. Just watched a youtube video yesterday where someone was weighing them on a scale. I don't remember what video though.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a friend that built a 16in ultra light and used a shock wave.    Its a really nice stoc.......  Im brace.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
^^^ I will NEVER own a Sig brace again they are too dam heavy. Go Shockwave with there matching tube.    

http://www.kakindustry.com/shockwave/shockwave-package-black

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.kakindustry.com/shockwave/shockwave-package-black

This is my plan.   I love the design of the Shockwave brace.   Add on a MFT e-volv battle stock attachment and it's perfect.

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]

This is my plan.   I love the design of the Shockwave brace.   Add on a MFT e-volv battle stock attachment and it's perfect.

View Quote

^^^thanks for the tip, haven't heard of this and it looks better than the thorsden that was Macgyver'd on.  The shockwave is a nice product - works perfectly on my pistol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you shockwave guys had to deal with LEOs or over zealous civvies at the range at all?

I can do a shockwave blade and KAK tube for almost half as much as the SBX and save almost twice as much weight
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
No experience with FUDD's, but having installed both the Sig Brace, and Shockwave for customers, the "Wave" seems to be their favorite.
If you already have a buffer and spring from your current build, you can just buy the brace and buffer tube for about $60.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
....was on a spending freeze...then came across this thread.  There goes another $150.

Thanks ARFCOM!  

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

....was on a spending freeze...then came across this thread.  There goes another $150.

Thanks ARFCOM!  
View Quote
KAK has a Shockwave brace and buffer tube made for it for about $100 shipped

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks ARFCOM!  

I bought two braces and two tubes...I got the other parts on these two pistol builds already...its always something
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I bought two braces and two tubes...I got the other parts on these two pistol builds already...its always something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks ARFCOM!  

this is what happened to me, i finally decided to pull the trigger on 1 sig brace from kak, came here for something and saw a thread about the kak / shockwave and ended up buying two of them instead of buying 1 sig brace.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#13]
+1. Once you go with the Kak blade, you never go back.

It's:

Very light
Will not move in any direction
Adjustable positions with buffer tube
4 colors
Comfortable
Cheap price (~$50 on Amazon prime)

It's amazing..

I have one on my AR .22 4.5" suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#14]
As far as the actual question,

SB15: 11.8 oz
SBX: 9.8 oz

- OS
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Genuine question, but I dont understand the braces.
Admittedly the shockwave looks really cool, but functionally how is it better than getting an extended buffer tube like the kak gen 1, ditch the legal ambiguity, and shoulder the tube all day long?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Admittedly the shockwave looks really cool, but functionally how is it better than getting an extended buffer tube like the kak gen 1, ditch the legal ambiguity, and shoulder the tube all day long?
View Quote

Cause of course it feels better against the shoulder, whether anyone else will say it or not.

Hell, I've not used the Shockwave, but both the SIG braces feel as good against the shoulder as most AR stocks, and actually significantly better than a standard AK stock when used on that platform.

- OS
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cause of course it feels better against the shoulder, whether anyone else will say it or not.

Hell, I've not used the Shockwave, but both the SIG braces feel as good against the shoulder as most AR stocks, and actually significantly better than a standard AK stock when used on that platform.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Well, that makes sense.
Shockwave really shoulders well?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well, that makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Well, that makes sense.

Again, I've not used the Blade but anything spread out over more surface area is gonna be more comfy than a 1 inch metal circle.

The SIGs are even recoil absorbing, which isn't really much of a factor on a 5.56 AR, but shooting a bunch of rounds on an AK they're actually quite nice compared to even the traditional stock.

- OS
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, that makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Well, that makes sense.

No.  Of course not.  It was designed and installed on our pistols to aid in aiming and controlling the AR pistol when fired with one hand grip like a pistol was designed to be fired.

Next thread, please

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No.  Of course not.  It was designed and installed on our pistols to aid in aiming and controlling the AR pistol when fired with one hand grip like a pistol was designed to be fired.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Well, that makes sense.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Ordered a shockwave and a KAK tube. Ready to be liberated of the sig brace.

The SBX is only 2 ounces lighter, not worth the price of a new brace to me. If I was starting over, maybe. The blade should work well with my long arms.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the sig brace and KAK super tube. The shockwave looks nice. Will the shockwave fit over the current tube or do I have to replace all of it?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have the sig brace and KAK super tube. The shockwave looks nice. Will the shockwave fit over the current tube or do I have to replace all of it?
View Quote

The super tube would work although expect to have a bit of slop with it that you will likely want to deal with one way or another.  Also with the super tube when the blade is attached and if slid all the way forward a little bit of the tube will likely be exposed unless you use a spacer in front of the blade.  The SW tube supposedly fits it like a glove.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top