Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:26:54 PM EDT
Can't find a foam/rubber cover that will fit on a tube that has an OD of 1.160 inch. The buffer tube covers I've scene will fit tubes that are 1.220 inch in dia. Any suggestions? Surely, I'm not the only one with a JSE Surplus brand pistol buffer tube part # (STKCPBTK), Am I?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That's it ! Thanks. Order is on the way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone tried this item with a carbine receiver extension / buffer tube? The kind with the normal machined raised bottom for a carbine stock.

Rubber cane tip was white (all I could find for reasonable price), too loose, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone tried this item with a carbine receiver extension / buffer tube? The kind with the normal machined raised bottom for a carbine stock.

Rubber cane tip was white (all I could find for reasonable price), too loose, etc.
View Quote

None of the ones made for round tubes is gonna stretch enough to fit.

I wrapped a carbine tube with black McNett camo once, worked fine for the purpose:

- OS
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I still like shrink tube.  Molds perfectly, ultra thin, easily replaced, takes the chill off a cheek weld.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
hockey stick tape works pretty nice as well, and comes in hundreds of colors and prints.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
There is also a tennis racket slip on sleeve, that fits on the handle,  that you heat with a hair drier to shrink that I have seen used.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Or dipping it in Plasti-Dip, leaving a nice rubberized coating.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]
None of these options are really ideal. I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Round holes like round pegs, so good luck finding something basic other than from the suggestions.

To bump up a level, Thordsen does make a fancier cheek weld gizmo that goes on standard carbine buffer tubes:

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/shop/AR-PISTOL/p/ENHANCED-ARAK-PISTOL-CHEEK-REST-KIT-x3607311.htm

- OS
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:30:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shrink tube is ideal.  There's nothing better.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I think the Plasti-Dip is a way better solution than shrink tubing and it works as I've done one.  Goes on quite thick and stays on well, if you want to remove it later it will peel off nicely.  I'll have to dig though some boxes to find mine and I'll post a picture if I find it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I meant ideal for what I'm looking for. Those thicker foam caps for the ends would be better.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Grips

1 1/8" is 1.125"

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Grips

1 1/8" is 1.125"

View Quote

Great link, except I'd probably need 1 1/2" or bigger to accomodate the bottom channel on a standard carbine extention. Will definitely look through these though.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top