Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 8:12:09 AM EDT
So just out of curiosity which would you go with? And why? What I would use it for and what I would like for it to be used for are way to different things. So it's really just going to be a range toy. I have the noveske and I like it don't get me wrong just never had a m1a and the one in the ebr chassis looks pretty sweet. Idk just looking for opinions of these two guns were sitting in front of you which would you pick up if it was going to be your only rifle..... I can post pics if need be.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
M1a ebr. Don't get me wrong, I like the name noveske too, but I'm assuming if you have that money you already have a few larue, noveske, and other high end ar's. The Springfield is on my short list
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
An AR pistol has limited use.
If I needed a rifle and could only chose out of the two it would be the M1A as the AR "pistol" is not a "rifle".  So M1A all the way.
Now, put a stock on the Noveske and that would be my pick.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
M1a....I have a Noveske as well but I have always wanted a Socom
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Here are some pics of the guns, I would be trading mine the way everything it is for his, which I would prefer I keep the optic to use for another rifle but I don't think that's an option. It's just a Burris 536 nothing special but I like the glass. Anyways here are the pics if that helps.

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd SBR the Noveske and then start saving for a more modern 308 rifle, either a SCAR or a 308 AR, if you don't already have one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd SBR the Noveske and then start saving for a more modern 308 rifle, either a SCAR or a 308 AR, if you don't already have one.
View Quote

I like M1As a lot, and that one looks great, but I agree with this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I would stay away from the M1a, they are bottomless money pits that will eventually achieve sub moa, consider an AR10 build? VIVA Noveske!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I kinda feel the same, I really like m1a's and I don't have anything in .308 so I thought I'd offer up one of my higher end range toys bc I kinda want a nice .308. But I think I may save a little and pick up one and keep the noveske. Idk I have a week to make up my mind for sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#9]
i have owned 3 sage stocked m1a's.
i dont own any of them anymore.
id sbr the pistol....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
id sbr the pistol....
View Quote

Why did you get rid of all of them out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
id sbr the pistol....

too heavy and it felt like i was placing a cj straight six into a modern sports car
even tho it was one of my dream guns,every time
i owned one i got rid of it. it could not replace my 308 bolt guns.
dont get me wrong,i love the m1a....but it has seen its day,and many
other modern choices in a 308 semi can fill the roll just as well,if
not better.....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
If it's just going to be a range toy, then get the M1A. They are exponentially more fun to shoot than an AR, and the EBR chassis makes mounting an optic a breeze.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I say it would be a range toy bc really I kinda feel like that's what they all are really, until you actually need it. And the only time I would feel like I'm in a position to where I would NEED it is If shit ever really hit the fan. If I traded the noveske the ebr would be taking the place of my shtf gun in a sense. So in my head I'm thinking about weight, size, range, and ammo. But at the same time I'm thinking what's really the possibility of shit ever hitting the fan? Eh doesn't seem to likely really anddddd I guess I have other guns that would/could fit the role.
The way I see it
Noveske pros: I like the size, very maneuverable. Range is good for 300yards which is all I really would need, ammo is rather common easy to get/find. Weight is light enough.
M1A pros: I can workout with it bc it's pretty fkn heavy and would substitute a gym, size is not that bad still KINDA maneuverable, range is good plus even tho 300yards is what I think is practical in my head I definitely like having the option to shoot farther, ammo I would still see it being able to find. You get more knockdown power so it would probably do better if used for hunting. And if I run out of ammo I'd have one hell of a club.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I personally wouldn't choose either, but....

I have an m1a. It's not in an EBR chassis or socom. Its the NM in walnut. It's got a Springfield 6x scope on it, but still...the thing weighs a ton. It doesn't shoot groups as well as my ar10, parts are harder to find and optic mounting sucks. Mags are expensive, and I can't hardly work on it. Its a cool gun and everyone at the range always likes it, but it rarely leaves the safe. From what I understand, the EBR chassis makes optic mounting easier but the rifle even heavier...

I would personally look at some of the ar10 offerings, and if you are in the EBR range maybe a Larue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]
There is only 1 correct answer to this question.

GET BOTH.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

GET BOTH.
View Quote

Well.....you heard the man! This^
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

GET BOTH.
View Quote

Lol I'd love to but I just have this really eerie feeling that my wife would give me serveral swift kicks in the balls if I did. I've thought about it but there's no way I could hide spending that much from her. I could try but I really don't see it happening....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#19]
So, you just want a range toy that gets attention from others?

The Noveske won't get looks more than any other AR pistol. The M1A will be expensive as hell to make look like the military ones. It doesn't sound like they're the funnest rifle to shoot or a considerably different experience from a standard one, other than the 'cool .mil clone thing' factor.

Neither option shines that much to me.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top