Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:38:56 PM EDT
Hey all,

I'm looking for a hand rail (not sure what length to buy) that will mostly cover my 8" CMMG barrel W/ KX5 only leaving 1/2" to 1" of the Flash supperssor showing.  I have an Aero Persicon upper/lower.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a 9" troy alpha rail on my cmmg 8" 300blk barrel and kx5 but I can't post pics on here. I could text you pics if you wanted. PM me and let me know.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I went out on a limb I bought a Midwest Industries 10.5" rail and was able to achieve the look/style I wanted.  I test fired yesterday and it fired 20 rounds of 120gr flawlessly.  Next up is some sub sonics.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looks good. Just the head of the pig sticks out on mine with the 9"alpha rail. I've got about a hundred rounds of supers through mine and haven't pick up any subs as of yet cause of price. What parts of pa are you at? I'm south central.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks man, it's my first AR pistol.

I live in McDonald, it's about 25 mins west of Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be fine with the subs. I ran 40rnds of 220 grain today without any problems. Even with out the cone in the kx5 it ran fine and cycled normally, leading me to believe that these barrels are probably a little over gassed. At some point I plan on picking up an adjustable gas block and play around with that, but till then I'll just enjoy shooting it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top