BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I was asked what my opinion was about shouldering the buffer tube - so, on topic, I see it as being completely legal. Sorry I missed that earlier.

What I would like to see is a pic posted on this forum showing that. We've been dancing around it for months now and nobody has - or at least, has it up to see anymore.

My concern is that it's NOT the ATF who is making it an issue. Nobody has been arrested for shooting an AR pistol from the shoulder, brace or not. What has happened since the letter came out is some people taking on authority to prevent others from doing so - AND CITING LAW AS THEIR REASON.

Ok, we have the right to make a Citizen's arrest. Didn't go so well in that Walmart parking lot in Texas awhile back The reason? Said citizen was not informed and made a bad choice.

For those who feel it necessary to enforce their interpretation of how they read the ATF letter, are you ready for the repercussions of a wrong decision? Without clear legal authority to prohibit a behavior, some people are setting themselves up for more liability than the guy committing the "criminal activity."

Creating a hostile atmosphere (which nobody is doing  in this polite discussion) and attempting to prohibit someone exercising what they think is their constitutional right is the real issue.  It's not what opinion the user has, it's the opinion of the overwrought who attempt to correct it. We've had about four threads on it already.

I'm much less worried about the ATF than I am some ill informed busybody with nothing more to do than force a locker room measuring contest on what should be a peaceful range exercise. We very well may see things get out of hand - not because of the ATF - but because of officious and intrusive "fellow" shooters who think they need to be the hero and impose their will.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

ps as for the incident where a citizen attempted to "arrest" a armed and legally carrying CCW: restraint was shown, which was good, and because of that, we need to know bare hand combatives even more than rely on the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a letter from a medical doctor stating that your shirt is not part of your shoulder. Should hold up to the ATF opinion letters right?
View Quote

Makes about as much sense as their "Use Dictates Definition" malarkey.

...Wanna write a letter?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top