Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 8:15:13 PM EDT
Hello, About a month ago I purchased everything to build my 9mm AR pistol. I was running a PSA lower and MAS defense upper. I was also using a Spike's Tactical Maxwell Block and a Colt style magazine. I didn't have any issues except that the maxwell block would loosen while shooting.

So I decided to get a Quarter Circle 10 lower that took Glock magazines. Today I took it out for the first time. I had the bolt cut by ADCO and since it was a whole new lower I used a Brownells spring/buffer.

The problem is, every here and there I get a malfunction. I'm thinking it may be due to the spring/buffer combo. What do you guys think? I'm using a factory Glock 33rd mag (new).

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
3 point bind
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
After looking around I'm thinking I may need a 9mm buffer and a spacer. Does that sound about right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Save up for a slash heavy buffer. (9Q )
http://heavybuffers.com/
*edit*  this is it
9Q
He sells on the EE too.

It will take care of the extra space too, saving your bolt stop from cracking/ breaking
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that's pricey. I picked up the RRA 9mm buffer and spacer. If that doesn't work, I'll definitely give that a try! Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My build is similar, qc10 glock lower. i bought a 8.5 oz qbuffer and wolf heavy buffer spring from heavybuffers.com.  Will this be a good combo?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#6]
well, I had a thread recently on an AR pistol, converting 5.56 to 9mm, and it got moved to pistol calibers forum, where it's mostly carbines, who do you know that I don't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. I installed the RRA 9mm buffer and cut down the RRA stock spacer to about 5/8". I put 100 rounds through it last week without 1 malfunction. The BHO worked every time.

Thank again!

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I installed the RRA 9mm buffer and cut down the RRA stock spacer to about 5/8". I put 100 rounds through it last week without 1 malfunction. The BHO worked every time.

Thank again!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/gibsonsg0005/9mm%20pistol%20fail/IMG_3987.jpg
View Quote

I got 7 glock magazines and only two will activate the bolt hold lever.  I also had to shave off about an 1/8" of the plastic cap of the 9mm qbuffer because it was too long and the bolt couldn't fully go past the bolt catch lever.  How did you manage to have your bolt catch work every time? I was thinking my mag springs were too weak...
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The RRA 9mm buffer I used was standard length. I cut down a RRA buffer spacer so that my bolt cleared the bolt catch by about 1/4". Does your bolt catch look bent or damaged at all? Are you running a Qcircle10 lower?

Also, if you are running a Circle10 lower did you use their bolt catch spring?

I ran 2 Glock factory mags, and 1 Korean mag. They all worked with BHO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The stock spacer was designed to run carbine springs and buffers in rifle receiver extensions.  Why would you add a spacer to a carbine length receiver extension?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The BHO worked every time.
View Quote

FBHO!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The RRA 9mm buffer I used was standard length. I cut down a RRA buffer spacer so that my bolt cleared the bolt catch by about 1/4". Does your bolt catch look bent or damaged at all? Are you running a Qcircle10 lower?

View Quote

Yes I'm using a qc10 small frame glock lower and I did use the provided spring.  

What part of the bolt catch should i look at to see see if it's bent? The metal arm that the empty magazine pushes up on that pushes up the Bolt catch? Or the bolt catch itself? Sorry if some of this terminology is wrong.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The stock spacer was designed to run carbine springs and buffers in rifle receiver extensions.  Why would you add a spacer to a carbine length receiver extension?
View Quote

The RRA buffer is standard carbine length and allows too much travel foe the bot. This extra travel causes the bolt face to slam into the bolt catch. Eventually the bolt catch with snap off.

Some 9mm buffers are made longer to avoid this but they sell spacers fo standard length buffers. The cheapest method for me was to cut-down the rifle spacer. A lot of people also run quarters in the buffer tube as a spacer and it works just fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What part of the bolt catch should i look at to see see if it's bent? The metal arm that the empty magazine pushes up on that pushes up the Bolt catch? Or the bolt catch itself? Sorry if some of this terminology is wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be looking at the standard AR bolt catch that you installed on the ridle. The original one I damaged bent enough so that it would not easily move up and down. Also, the bolt face cut out a small bit of metal from the top, further inhiviting the BHO feature. Both caused buy using the incorrect buffer/spacer.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top