Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:39:49 AM EDT
I am getting ready to SBR my pistol...cant afford the UBS stock I want, now i am torn between the ACS-L or the MFT Minimalist...thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Vote with your tax dollars, don't SBR your Pistol. Those are my thoughts.. take them for what their worth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Correction: one of my pistols
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:45:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Do it and leave your Sig Brace on it to Troll the ATF and Range dicks that say... You can't sholder it with a Sig Brace...
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Thordsen Customs pistol kit w/ CAA, but the Sig brace idea is a good one. I may have to buy one just to do that!
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it and leave your Sig Brace on it to Troll the ATF and Range dicks that say... You can't sholder it with a Sig Brace...
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
LWRC UCIW stock:

https://www.lwrci.com/p-361-uciw-ultra-compact-stock.aspx

Although putting on a Sig brace and trolling has its attractions...
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno, wacko as some of these decisions are, might see one that you must have a stock on an SBR, or it becomes an AOW and requires another stamp.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I dunno, wacko as some of these decisions are, might see one that you must have a stock on an SBR, or it becomes an AOW and requires another stamp.

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Form1 a pistol and put a stock on, it's an SBR.
Take the stock off, it's a pistol again.
Until BATFE's next letter.
Don't be that guy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

...]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

...]

Nope. Once SBR you have made a new original rifle, and it must stay a rifle.

It can be configured as a GCA rifle or stripped to receiver and taken out from under NFA purview, but it does not become a GCA pistol by removing the stock. As long as a short barrel is attached, it remains an SBR. You'd just be shooting an SBR without the stock, which is not unlawful (yet).

- OS
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope. Once SBR you have made a new original rifle, and it must stay a rifle. No

It can be configured as a GCA rifle or stripped to receiver and taken out from under NFA purview wrong again, but it does not become a GCA pistol by removing the stock. As long as a short barrel is attached, it remains an SBR. Wrong again You'd just be shooting an SBR without the stock, which is not unlawful (yet).

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

...]

Nope. Once SBR you have made a new original rifle, and it must stay a rifle. No

It can be configured as a GCA rifle or stripped to receiver and taken out from under NFA purview wrong again, but it does not become a GCA pistol by removing the stock. As long as a short barrel is attached, it remains an SBR. Wrong again You'd just be shooting an SBR without the stock, which is not unlawful (yet).

- OS

BATFE has already determined that an SBR without a short barrel is a Title1 firearm. Further, that it's not required to notify them of said status change, and that a pistol can be made into a rifle, and then back again. No?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BATFE has already determined that an SBR without a short barrel is a Title1 firearm. Further, that it's not required to notify them of said status change, and that a pistol can be made into a rifle, and then back again. No?
View Quote

With GCA (Title 1) firearms, yes, pistol to rifle to pistol. But does not apply to SBR as it is a new original rifle, and first a rifle, always a rifle. SBR can be a Title 1 rifle of course, but not a Title 1 pistol again.

See "retention of parts" of NFA firearms, for one reason. Having a short barrel on an SBR'd receiver means it can never be out of NFA purview.

The Thompson Decision and 2011 ATF "ruling" regarding the pistol/rifle/pistol is only about whether a NFA firearm is made from a GCA firearm, which it is not. It doesn't address actual NFA firearms at all.

- OS

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
deleated
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the ACE SOCOM...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got the Ace Ultra Light Stock and its very nice for the small compact feel.

http://i58.tinypic.com/xn81mx.jpg
View Quote

What muzzle device is this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#14]
MFT minimalist. I have an ACS-L and it's kind of heavy. Weighs about as much a the SB15.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top