Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 4:11:50 PM EDT
Hello All,

This is my first post about my first AR platform.

I recently purchased a ATI OMNI HYBRID AR-15 Pistol and nearly blew my friends away at the range with muzzle concussion.

My question is is it possible to change the muzzle brake on this certain AR-pistol and in doing so does it conflict with CA law?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
For the love of everything that is holy and precious, it's BRAKE not "break"!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello All,

This is my first post about my first AR platform.

I recently purchased a ATI OMNI HYBRID AR-15 Pistol and nearly blew my friends away at the range with muzzle concussion.

My question is is it possible to change the muzzle break on this certain AR-pistol and in doing so does it conflict with CA law?
View Quote

Perhaps posting the same question in the California Hometown Forum will get you more California-specific answers.

Also, calguns.net is another great, California-centric gun resource.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Baby steps…I'm new to the AR world
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For the love of everything that is holy and precious, it's BRAKE not "break"!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
Loophole.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My question is is it possible to change the muzzle brake on this certain AR-pistol and in doing so does it conflict with CA law?
View Quote

You can change the muzzle device, but California law bans "flash hiders" which means that most of the devices that would reduce the muzzle blast experienced by bystanders are illegal.

Ideally, you'd want to put a Noveske KX3 or similar device on your pistol, but I'm pretty sure most of them are on the naughty list. Calguns or another CA-specific group could best point you to the list of CA-approved muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can change the muzzle device, but California law bans "flash hiders" which means that most of the devices that would reduce the muzzle blast experienced by bystanders are illegal.

Ideally, you'd want to put a Noveske KX3 or similar device on your pistol, but I'm pretty sure most of them are on the naughty list. Calguns or another CA-specific group could best point you to the list of CA-approved muzzle devices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WRONG.

Flash Hiders are not banned in California.  They are considered an "evil" or "assault weapon" feature.  Which only means they can't be used on "featureless" firearms.  But they are perfectly legal on all other firearms.

Since AR Pistols (in California) are already required to have a Bullet Button or similar magazine locking device, then Flash Hiders are fine.  BTW, threaded barrels are also GTG on AR Pistols (if a bullet button is also present).

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]

As long as you have a bullet button you can. Also be aware that you can't add vertical foregrips.

If you're rich I say look into Noveske flaming pig if not look at KAK tubes.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Flash Hiders are not banned in California.  They are considered an "evil" or "assault weapon" feature.  Which only means they can't be used on "featureless" firearms.  But they are perfectly legal on all other firearms.
View Quote

I'm impressed. California gun laws have become even more retarded than they were when I left.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top