User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
the damn right ought to file, prices are plummetting on the sig brace.  I won't buy one till we get some favorable clarification.  I alredy have one sitting around for a build I do't know if I will use.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those aren't SIG branded products, apparently, but from Alex's company, Though who knows what the money flow actually is.

Another reason I think it may be Alex's company that has most standing to go for a declaratory judgment, if indeed that turns into the best response.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/noname.jpg

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody posted a link to several new weapons coming to market with sig braces.... an Uzi and a Galil I beleave? Sig stands to lose some big contracts over this.

Those aren't SIG branded products, apparently, but from Alex's company, Though who knows what the money flow actually is.

Another reason I think it may be Alex's company that has most standing to go for a declaratory judgment, if indeed that turns into the best response.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/noname.jpg

- OS

FWIW, I will state that using an arm brace as an arm brace on a gun such as an uzi is actually practical, though you do have to have 45 degree offset sights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The underlining reason for the import ban was actually a push to increase sales for U.S. Weapons manufacturers. HK, SIG, FN, and a few other now have weapons made here in the states, which in turn created jobs, increased competition, and helped out with various other things.

As far as the machinegun ban goes. That was for obvious reason at the time. Hell even today I don't think everyone should be able to buy a machingun. The kid next door just purchased an AR and he is dumber than a box of pop rocks. Imagining that idiot with a M249 would make me buy more ammo and a few more ballistic plates.
View Quote

you think an out and out ban of new tranferrable machine guns is acceptable and or legal?!?!?  I see you only have 18 posts, do you undertand the NFA of '34 and the Huges amendment of '86 that changed new MGs from regulated to banned???

Or, are you a DU troll??
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your obviously too dense to understand the basic principles of why things were done back then. It was the gun companies here in the states that sent lobbyist to Washington and had it pushed through. The same companies gave money to the NRA and caused a shit storm on both ends, which in turn confused idiots like you.

In turn we now have companies like HK and Sig here in the states, which is not what American companies wanted.

However, it kept companies, like Remington, from sending their manufacturing of weapons into Mexico and then selling them here.

I'm not going to go into the details because your not worth my time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The underlining reason for the import ban was actually a push to increase sales for U.S. Weapons manufacturers. HK, SIG, FN, and a few other now have weapons made here in the states, which in turn created jobs, increased competition, and helped out with various other things.

As far as the machinegun ban goes. That was for obvious reason at the time. Hell even today I don't think everyone should be able to buy a machingun. The kid next door just purchased an AR and he is dumber than a box of pop rocks. Imagining that idiot with a M249 would make me buy more ammo and a few more ballistic plates.

Oh, I see, so those were all just "common sence gun control". Gotcha. Maybe AR15s should be banned since the fact that your neighbour has one bothers you.

Your obviously too dense to understand the basic principles of why things were done back then. It was the gun companies here in the states that sent lobbyist to Washington and had it pushed through. The same companies gave money to the NRA and caused a shit storm on both ends, which in turn confused idiots like you.

In turn we now have companies like HK and Sig here in the states, which is not what American companies wanted.

However, it kept companies, like Remington, from sending their manufacturing of weapons into Mexico and then selling them here.

I'm not going to go into the details because your not worth my time.

you are confusing the 86 huges amendment w/ the 89' import ban.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:04:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

you think an out and out ban of new tranferrable machine guns is acceptable and or legal?!?!?  I see you only have 18 posts, do you undertand the NFA of '34 and the Huges amendment of '86 that changed new MGs from regulated to banned???

Or, are you a DU troll??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, are you a DU troll??

He does have that smell of bullshit about him, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, are you a DU troll??

easy...he kicked in doors!!! probably the only guy profeshnul enuff to own a machine gun in here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

easy...he kicked in doors!!! probably the only guy profeshnul enuff to own a machine gun in here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, are you a DU troll??

O341 is a mortarman...affectionately known as "tube stroker."
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/foghorn/atf-change-minds-brace-people-kept-sending-letters/
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's cute I probably kicked in more doors during the invasion of Iraq than you could imagine. Also, Have you heard the saying "only thing that matters is the guy on point, the guy watching your six, and the guy to your right and left?" Well you were none of those to me so carry on. Your opinion of me is as valuable as the shit I wiped off my boots. Furthermore, I don't live in the past and could care less if my current actions leave a positive image of a job that I retired from almost five years ago.  

Edit: Anyone thinking that an Amendment is a constitutional right should consider taking a few government classes. Amendments can be altered and even appealed if the government sees fit.

If you don't believe me then feel free to check out the Eighteenth Amendment.

If a "Constitutional Right" can be appealed then its not a right. Instead, it is a privilege because privileges can be taken away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So should have to take a test to prove he's smart enough to enjoy his Constitutional Rights?

You're not covering the Corps with Glory here....

In fact, you're quickly proving the old adage of "80 Morons" in reference to mortar men....

That's cute I probably kicked in more doors during the invasion of Iraq than you could imagine. Also, Have you heard the saying "only thing that matters is the guy on point, the guy watching your six, and the guy to your right and left?" Well you were none of those to me so carry on. Your opinion of me is as valuable as the shit I wiped off my boots. Furthermore, I don't live in the past and could care less if my current actions leave a positive image of a job that I retired from almost five years ago.  

Edit: Anyone thinking that an Amendment is a constitutional right should consider taking a few government classes. Amendments can be altered and even appealed if the government sees fit.

If a "Constitutional Right" can be appealed then its not a right. Instead, it is a privilege because privileges can be taken away.

You might have kicked in a few doors in Iraq.
I've kicked in a few too in Mogadishu....so what?

Neither of these things change what we're talking about right now, which is the 2nd Amendment and unelected bureaucrats creatively interpreting laws at a whim.

You're right, Constitutional Amendments can be altered...but that's certainly not something the Government can do on a whim. It requires a Con Convention and adoption 2/3's of the States, or 2/3s of all of Congress can propose Amendments.

In your haste to shout down something you disagree with, you're ignoring the fact that "The Bill of Rights" is the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution....which includes the 2nd Amendment.
So yeah, in this case a Constitutional Amendment is a Constitutional Right.

Dont get comfy here retread.....Norcal will be along shortly to send you packing.... again....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So should have to take a test to prove he's smart enough to enjoy his Constitutional Rights?

You're not covering the Corps with Glory here....

In fact, you're quickly proving the old adage of "80 Morons" in reference to mortar men....

"...the RIGHT of the people..."

Do you even word comprehension, Bro?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So much stupid in so few words...

Constitutional amendments, once ratified, have the same status and legal force as any other part of the Constitution--they become part of the Constitution.

That's why ratifying an amendment requires 2/3 approval by both houses of Congress, AND the approval of 3/4 of the states. The relevant section of the Constitution is cited below...

Article V
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#12]
SEE!!!

This is why we can't have Nice Things!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Still waiting for something tech related here and not GD... Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#14]
How exactly is SIG deciding to fight the idiocy of the ATF WRT to the braces a "technical" topic?

There's some degree of logic having it here in the pistol forum since it is specifically related to AR pistols. Other than moving the entire thread to GD, I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How exactly is SIG deciding to fight the idiocy of the ATF WRT to the braces a "technical" topic?

There's some degree of logic having it here in the pistol forum since it is specifically related to AR pistols. Other than moving the entire thread to GD, I don't see a problem.
View Quote

It's a Technical Topic because:  The final answer directly effects a large percentage of finished and future pistol builds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a P938.  I just did.  My new favorite pocket rocket.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#17]
First off, Mike0341's cuntdickery is not representative of all Texans. Just sayin'

Second, has there been an update from Sig other than "hold off on shouldering the brace for now", as per another poster on another thread?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool.. I wonder what kind of time frame we're looking at.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top