Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 1:55:49 AM EDT
I checked with Huntertown, and they said it should be safe with a 10.5" barrel, but that they haven't tested it, and that it might not cycle. Has anyone tried it with a 10-12" barrel?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why not. Keep in mind I saw noticeable wear on the first baffle after only a couple mags on my Kestrel on a 10.5". I'd recommend the CF Gunworks QD kit and a YHM muzzle brake mount to prolong the life of the can on the short barrel.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That is helpful info. I guess I'll stick with 11.5" then. I think my best option by far is the Adams Arms Evo 11.5. I was only considering a 10.5 because a lot of cheaper uppers only come in 10.5, but once I add the AA conversion it would cost the same, and adding a monorail winds up costing even more.

Still, can anyone else report their experience use a Kestrel with an 11.5" (or similar)  barrel? Anyone using a Kestrel with an AA piston system of any barrel length?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top