Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT

Just put phase 5 tube on and pulled up and it's useless. Eotech sits too low on it for one. Second, to shoulder, if I had a brace wouldn't work as face would be right on the EOtech also. Very discouraged. $$$$$ wasted it feels like. But it is pretty lol. That is all
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
- Like on most ARs need a riser for the optic

- use longer buffer tube which also has adjustment options for the brace

- OS
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to raise the Eotech, throw it on a Larue LT110.

Can't help you with your face being too close, didn't realize that was a problem with the sig brace.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no issues using the Etowah 512 on my 5.56 pistol using a Phas 5 tube a spacer and the brace.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Or hold it out at arms length like the pistol it is...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s134.photobucket.com/user/rmssugarbooger/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EAA5E4EC-7AA1-42BE-9CFD-3D0FBB3E078B.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/rmssugarbooger/Mobile%20Uploads/EAA5E4EC-7AA1-42BE-9CFD-3D0FBB3E078B.jpg</a>

Just put phase 5 tube on and pulled up and it's useless. Eotech sits too low on it for one. Second, to shoulder, if I had a brace wouldn't work as face would be right on the EOtech also. Very discouraged. $$$$$ wasted it feels like. But it is pretty lol. That is all
View Quote

I hate to see you upset....I'll give you $100 for that useless junk.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s134.photobucket.com/user/rmssugarbooger/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EAA5E4EC-7AA1-42BE-9CFD-3D0FBB3E078B.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/rmssugarbooger/Mobile%20Uploads/EAA5E4EC-7AA1-42BE-9CFD-3D0FBB3E078B.jpg</a>

+1. Looks like you have money to spare anyhow. lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You can put either a KAK super tube or Guntec tube on and get a longer length of pull.

Definitively get a riser for your optic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Thordsen buffer tube cover and CAA saddle kit.

I have been an avid opponent to pistols but have to say I really like it.

11.5" BCM upper, AIM sling, and SLAP plate.  It seems very handy and shoulders well too with me being 6' 6" tall.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#9]
You can fudge a bit with a stock by putting the toe against your shoulder and it raises the sight line. That gets it up taller and a riser might not be needed. With only a buffer tube and no way to attach a flat vertical surface then you are stuck with the tube only has high as it fits. The riser - or two - fixes it.

Straight line AR design has always had that issue, a shot gun with normal stock has enough drop to get the barrel mounted sights up enough to see them. As far as length of pull issues affect the Eotech a cantilever riser would get the sight further forward. Lots of people run long eye relief optics out on the barrel, It's not like there's a long sight radius involved to mess up.

The pistol is fine, what needs adjustment is how it fits you and what you need to do about it
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Dude, are you indexing the foam pad against your cheek, or trying to shoulder the tip of the buffer? You're citing problems that shouldn't exist, and can be addressed with minimal equipment if they somehow did. I use an Eotech xps2 without any riser, and now have a Sparc set to full co witness. Also there are 3 or 4 products you could use in conjunction with the Sig brace to increase LOP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dude, are you indexing the foam pad against your cheek, or trying to shoulder the tip of the buffer? You're citing problems that shouldn't exist, and can be addressed with minimal equipment if they somehow did. I use an Eotech xps2 without any riser, and now have a Sparc set to full co witness. Also there are 3 or 4 products you could use in conjunction with the Sig brace to increase LOP.
View Quote

Expected something different I suppose. Rested cheek on foam and that puts red the holo in line of sight but then it's not held against anything. Idk
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Longer buffer tube+SIG brace+optics riser= problem solved.

Far from "useless". You've already dumped a shit-load of money into it. A few more calories burned and shekels spent to fix the problems and you'll be right as rain.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Also, check out this thread. May be of some help to you:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/663515_Question_about_the_pistol_buffer_tubes_for_the_Sig_Brace_.html

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't shoot chicken wing, or put an A2 tube on it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't shoot chicken wing, or put an A2 tube on it.
View Quote

This!

Stamp it for $200 and put your shoulder into it if you don't like the pistol.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't shoot chicken wing? I count about a dozen just in this quick search: https://www.google.com/search?q=3+Gun+shooters&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6AWTVM7tLcqdNoDagrgI&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1024&bih=515

Some preach one way, another does it his way. Shoot a championship one way or the other and all you should here is "Congratulations." Not "if you hadn't shot chicken wing you might have beaten them by another X points."

As for paying the $200 stamp fee, the point of the pistol is to avoid it, the annual permission form to take it out of state, the state requirement to carry it unloaded in the trunk, and most of all, to prove it can all be done better without a flat vertical surface that tradition bound shooters are used to. The gun is identical in every other way, shoot it enough to understand how to.

We don't need no stinkin stamps.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Man up and  hold a cheek weld.
If a girl can do it so can you! She even uses an eotech.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Nice collection and nice looking chick shooting. Guess I'll try that first. I just didn't realize the phase 5 tube was so short
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't shoot chicken wing? I count about a dozen just in this quick search: https://www.google.com/search?q=3+Gun+shooters&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6AWTVM7tLcqdNoDagrgI&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1024&bih=515

Some preach one way, another does it his way. Shoot a championship one way or the other and all you should here is "Congratulations." Not "if you hadn't shot chicken wing you might have beaten them by another X points."

As for paying the $200 stamp fee, the point of the pistol is to avoid it, the annual permission form to take it out of state, the state requirement to carry it unloaded in the trunk, and most of all, to prove it can all be done better without a flat vertical surface that tradition bound shooters are used to. The gun is identical in every other way, shoot it enough to understand how to.

We don't need no stinkin stamps.
View Quote

I don't see any chicken wings in that search.  This is chicken winging:

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#20]
The first thing to realise is that you have an AR Pistol and you are attempting to shoot it like a Rifle, It's not a Rifle its a pistol. I'm not going to talk about SIG Braces, The way I shoot my AR Pistol is the same way the young lady in the post above is shooting hers, except I use a sling to help stabalize it. I use a two point sling, Attached at the rear of the lower reciever and the left side of the Handgaurd (I'm right handed), I run the sling over my right shoulder, across my back and coming up under my left arm. I then push on the pistol causing the sling to tension and place the last 3" of the buffer tube against my right cheek. For me it is a very stable set up and gives decent accuracy for 50yds or closer. If you want long range accuracy, use a rifle. A short barreled AR Pistol with a SIG brace and a KAK tube will extend Pistol accuracy by a substantial amount. I don't use a SIG brace, also don't fault those that do, I consider myself a Pistol Purist (LOL).
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
You need to learn to shoot it
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You need to learn to shoot it
View Quote

It's very natural to pick it up and try to shoulder it. I believe after a few times of taking it out I'll get used to it. Haven't torqued barrel but yet so can't go shoot until I buy a wrench and vise block but been walking by and grabbing it to mimick firing position and it's beginning to feel better and better. May use EOTECH on another ar and get a sparc with high mount for this one. Thanks for the input guys
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#23]
The sling concept of driving the weapon forward to help stablize it does work very well!

A really good suggestion is swap your grip for a more vertical grip. (Like the grip23 is what I prefer).
But there are several adjustable ones now on the market to choose from.

That will really help your wrist be more natural that close in. Look at the angle of the grips compared to the black rifle in that picture to see what I mean.

Example.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Expected something different I suppose. Rested cheek on foam and that puts red the holo in line of sight but then it's not held against anything. Idk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it's not designed to be shouldered really, but I know that's the natural tendency. It's a more stable platform when shouldered, but using the cheek as a third point of contact does stabilize it to the point you can get good groups for standing. However, most people build pistols to shoot <50yds. Put up some silhouette targets and run through a few drills shooting it <30 yds with your cheek on the foam - you'll see there is more than enough combat accuracy for shorter range, and it's the funnest AR you can shoot without the addition of a giggle switch or slide fire device.

Shooting from a rest and indexing the rail on some type of platform, your pistol should be just as accurate as a rifle up to about 200 yds.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Well that's good news as its in .300 blk and actually built for my son once he gets big enough to hunt/shoot
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a rock river with prs stock on it and grip with palm shelf so I was curious what it would look like so photoshopped it on the pistol upper and it looked so wicked. Lol. May be adding the stanp later with those accessories depending how he's able to use it
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

- OS
View Quote

You only need a riser on an Eotech if you've got some seriously chubby chipmunk cheeks...

OP, if you want to keep it a pistol, just bite the bullet and buy a Sig brace and add a spacer for a better length of pull.

Also, a more vertical grip will make it much more comfortable with a short length of pull.  Something like the MOE K2, or BCM gunfighter grips.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You only need a riser on an Eotech if you've got some seriously chubby chipmunk cheeks...

OP, if you want to keep it a pistol, just bite the bullet and buy a Sig brace and add a spacer for a better length of pull.

Also, a more vertical grip will make it much more comfortable with a short length of pull.  Something like the MOE K2, or BCM gunfighter grips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Yep, agree, upright grip is a huge ergonomic improvement for a short LOP firearm. Your wrist, elbow, and shoulder will thank you. There's a reason the traditional AK grip angle is what it is. LOP with Warsaw stock is 13". LOP with even a KAK tube with brace not offset is just under 12", anything under that is just personally unacceptable to moi.

- OS
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Convert it and pay NFA tax to SBR it.  Then you will have something more useful.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Convert it and pay NFA tax to SBR it.  Then you will have something more useful.  
View Quote

Isn't it somewhat of a hassle? Does it cost more to set up trust?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Nvm
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#32]
This is how I shoot my pistol with a Thordsen with a more verticle grip of a BCM Gunfighter Grip Mod 3.

the Thordsen LOP is about the same as a collapsed M4 style stock.

I saw on here where someone put the Thordsen on a KAK tube and extended the LOP even further.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top