Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2014 1:34:10 PM EDT
So this was started back on black friday deals. Picked up a TR Enabling lower and decided to build a Pistol

Its over 26" from crown to buffer so the VFG is legal

TR Enabling 80% Lower
Aero Upper
10.5" barrel
KAK Pistol Buffer Tube
Sig Brace
Midwest Industries Gen2ss Handguard
Magpul Grip
Primary Arms RDS
KNS Pins
ETC

Here is the pistols bigger brother 'Dr. Evil'
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats the barrel length? Also what was the overall end cost to build it without sights
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome pair! In before someone tells you the VFG is illegal Happens every time I post my picture too
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I love the two tone look on both.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whats the barrel length? Also what was the overall end cost to build it without sights
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The barrel is a 10.5 carbine gas length

I dont have all the receipts through emails...but roughly around 800 as it sits now

Quoted:
Awesome pair! In before someone tells you the VFG is illegal Happens every time I post my picture too

haha yeah, I notice that happens a lot on here

Quoted:
Nice. I love the two tone look on both.

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

how long is the barrel?
I'm not saying it isn't, but unless he pinned the flash can, it's in the "frog hair" over 26 range. My 7.5 is 22.5 from bare muzzle to end of the buffer tube. He is using a KAK tube so allow 2 inches for the extra length there, that's a 10 in Midwest gen2 (4 holes in side, three above and below) and he needs a 9in +/-  barrel to make 26. Looks awful close.
for verification the Magpul stock in the background is 10.5 inches from top rear at but to the front of the stock where it has buffer tube sliver visable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

how long is the barrel?
I'm not saying it isn't, but unless he pinned the flash can, it's in the "frog hair" over 26 range. My 7.5 is 22.5 from bare muzzle to end of the buffer tube. He is using a KAK tube so allow 2 inches for the extra length there, that's a 10 in Midwest gen2 (4 holes in side, three above and below) and he needs a 9in +/-  barrel to make 26. Looks awful close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how long is the barrel?

if you look at my post its 26.75" from the crown to the end of the buffer tube

I also edited the post because i forgot to put in the barrel length, it is a 10.5" barrel though
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I also edited the post because i forgot to put in the barrel length, it is a 10.5" barrel though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how long is the barrel?

using a slipover styled fake can?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
No its a home made kx5 style linear comp.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I can take a few pics of it when I get home if you wish
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet looking pair you got!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good, and most 10.5" barrels with a KAK style tube is going be around the 26.5" with ease.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]
It is a nice pistol.
I haven't got anything that nice looking.
All my stuff is more practical than nice looking. Uppers are different color than lowers, grip might be black and handguard FDE, it's never an issue for me.
Krylon covers everything, if you use enough coats.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks good!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top