Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2014 12:19:07 AM EDT
Will a Sig brace or any stabilizing arm brace fit on this pistol lower buffer tube?

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:22:18 AM EDT
[#1]
That's the PSA, right?

If so, SIG brace will be VERY tight to get on (and will stretch out tube channel on the brace).  Have guy on our home forum never did get one all the way on it, but uses it a bit offset.

And I don't know of any brace 'cept the two from SIG, unless you count the SB-47 for AKs.

- OS
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If so, SIG brace will be VERY tight to get on (and will stretch out tube channel on the brace).
View Quote
Damn that sucks. I bought this lower just for adding the Sig brace to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It'll definitely fit, just a BITCH to get on. I ordered the same one (or rather the LPK+buffer tube kit). The last build I did had a pretty damn big castlenutless buffer tube and I liked it. That brace wasn't going anywhere.

However, if you pull it off, it's not gonna fit anything else just as ^^^^ said, it stretches it out
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It'll definitely fit, just a BITCH to get on. I ordered the same one (or rather the LPK+buffer tube kit).
View Quote

Okay thanks Raider14. Now if I can just find a Sig brace without the buffer tube for sale.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay thanks Raider14. Now if I can just find a Sig brace without the buffer tube for sale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It'll definitely fit, just a BITCH to get on. I ordered the same one (or rather the LPK+buffer tube kit).

?? The brace is a discrete product. If a tube comes with it, it's a package deal by the vendor.

I'd change out the buffer tube on that lower anyway, just to get a longer one that allows increased LOP, but that's up to you.

- OS
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd change out the buffer tube on that lower anyway, just to get a longer one that allows increased LOP, but that's up to you.
View Quote
I will do that OS thanks. I thought the PSA AR15 pistol lower and buffer were one piece and the buffer could not be removed. I have not received the PSA AR15 pistol lower yet to examine it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
As previously mentioned, it is tight as hell...but...mine hasn't forward/backwards or turned at all.  And when I bought my brace, it indeed came with a tube.

I kind of like the fact that it was a bitch to get on.  I was worried that it was constantly going to slide back and forth on the tube.  I did use baby powder to get it on, and as I mentioned before...it hasn't moved.  I marked my buffer tube to keep an eye on it.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
KAK gen 2 tube is made for the sig brace and has a "adjustable" (done with spacers) lop.     quality piece and priced really pretty fair.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered this on Black Friday as well as the KAK super sig tube and sig brace and didn't even think about compatability. Hoping it won't be a big deal and that the old buffer tube isn't permanently affixed (doubt it is).
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ordered this on Black Friday as well as the KAK super sig tube and sig brace and didn't even think about compatability. Hoping it won't be a big deal and that the old buffer tube isn't permanently affixed (doubt it is).
View Quote

Please let us know how it works, I ordered one too but not until yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If so, SIG brace will be VERY tight to get on (and will stretch out tube channel on the brace).

It will fit but it will be tight, I had to use a rubber mallet to get mine on, then after about a month I switched to the KAK tube, and it  just fall right off, so after some research I decided to boil it which brought it back real close to original size after boiling and cooling many times. Then I just wrapped some electrical tape around the KAK tube and then the brace fit snuggly. So I would say if you plan to use the KAK tube at some point buy it now, and don't stretch out the brace, but if you plan to keep it on the PSA tube it will be very tight and won't move at all.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#12]
MidWest Industries has a tube with a milled boss to keep the brace from moving forward under recoil.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MidWest Industries has a tube with a milled boss to keep the brace from moving forward under recoil.
View Quote

It bears repeating for first timers I think that the SBX brace needs no forward retention at all, unless you are offsetting from end of tube.

- OS
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Get the Damage Industries tube. It fits well and it's cheap and quality made
http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/receiver-extension-buffer-tube-pistol-wqd-socket-1190-od
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the extension tube you're asking about and put a brace on it on by RRA/PSA hybrid. It was VERY tight, but I got it seated down to the knurling. It is absolutely rock sold. Here's the trick - the brace is essentially dense foam PVC (polyvinyl chloride) which is very heat sensitive depending on its density. To seat the brace on this extension, use a hair dryer or heat gun on the brace to temporarily soften it then place the "butt" on a flat surface and press your extension tube downwards using your weight to inch it along. You may need to hit it with the dryer/heat gun periodically to keep it malleable, but when you're done, it will be as solid as a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered the same thing and my brace doesn't fit over the tube with out some severe stretching. I think once it's on it won't work with my other pistol tube. So I went to ebay and found a cheap tube for 13.00 shipped. Figure it was worth a shot as it's just a budget .300 build. I'm sure you could force it on the tube included but it will be stretched out quite a bit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got the same tube.   It was tight but it fit.   It definitely won't slip off
I removed it once and put it back on.  A little WD-40 worked wonders.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Isopropyl alcohol and an air compressor gets these on and off rather easily.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I have one on a psa pistol.  I would almost rather get kicked in the dick than put it on again, but it isn't going anywhere.

I did it dry though which made if pretty hard.  If you use something like baby powder it will go on fine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Just got this lower and picked it up from FFL finally - haven't gotten a good chance to inspect it but I'm thinking the tube is permanently affixed to the lower meaning I cannot replace tubes. Can anyone validate?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got this lower and picked it up from FFL finally - haven't gotten a good chance to inspect it but I'm thinking the tube is permanently affixed to the lower meaning I cannot replace tubes. Can anyone validate?
View Quote

Far as I know, screws in like any other flush fitted tube, same one PSA sells separately.

Guess you might need a decent strap wrench to remove it if ya don't want to mess it up. Seems I read somewhere they might have used some locktite, so depending on type might need some heat too, but don't quote me on that, could have been some other flush fit lower that was in reference to.

- OS
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I put a SIG SBX on mine.  Initially I put it on without anything but weak muscles.  I could only get it about halfway.  I could not get it off at first and used a blow dryer and it came right off.  I put a couple of drops of breakfree on the buffer tube and made sure the tube had a light coat on it.   With that it slid right on to where it is supposed to be and is tight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#23]
The larger versions of these are helpful when installing a Sig brace:

http://www.irwin.com/uploads/cms/image/press-images/IRWIN_Quick-Grip_BarClamp.jpg

Just squeeze the yellow handle repeatedly until the brace is in the desired position. No lube needed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

mine unscrewed without the use of any tools, just grip & twist with bare hands.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they just unscrew and are not very secure. Why you wouldn't want a castle nut that locks it in place on a defensive gun is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yeah they just unscrew and are not very secure. Why you wouldn't want a castle nut that locks it in place on a defensive gun is beyond me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, because proper torque is for pussies.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:Nevermind
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top