Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2014 4:49:03 PM EDT
Posted locally, interested in making a deal. Thoughts?

"AR pistol, about 300 rounds through it. Chambered in 223 Wylde.
- Spikes lower receiver (Configured for pistol since new)
- CMMG LPK
- PSA upper receiver
- Spikes MPI/HPT bolt carrier group
- 10.5” FN heavy profile barrel, 1/7 twist
- KAK buffer tube
- Sig pistol brace
- Spikes T2 buffer
- BCM ambi charging handle
- Magpul MBUS Pro flip up iron sights
- Troy quad rail
- KAK flash can
Price: $900 OBO."
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]

LOL

$550

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Palmetto was selling whole kit minus lower with sig brace for 579.....

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You could build one for less if you don't need bells and whistles.  He does have upgrades.  I'm trying to piece together the exact same pistol setup.  I'm looking at a Spikes lower I've already got ($100), PSA has the Sig Brace & LPK for $200, and just debating on whether to do a DSG 10.5 ($400), a Radical Firearms ($360), or just say to hell with it and go all PSA for $579+s/h.  Either way, total build will be roughly $660, and I've got sights sitting around here for free.  Depends what you have lying around and if those upgrades he has are worth it, but he probably has roughly $900 into it considering the parts.  Then again, you could build it the way you want, though, for the same $$$ or less...you'd have to determine if his parts are what you want for the money is what it comes down to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You could build one for less if you don't need bells and whistles.  He does have upgrades.  I'm trying to piece together the exact same pistol setup.  I'm looking at a Spikes lower I've already got ($100), PSA has the Sig Brace & LPK for $200, and just debating on whether to do a DSG 10.5 ($400), a Radical Firearms ($360), or just say to hell with it and go all PSA for $579+s/h.  Either way, total build will be roughly $660, and I've got sights sitting around here for free.  Depends what you have lying around and if those upgrades he has are worth it, but he probably has roughly $900 into it considering the parts.  Then again, you could build it the way you want, though, for the same $$$ or less...you'd have to determine if his parts are what you want for the money is what it comes down to.
View Quote
you have to consider its also a used gun.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, but I don't think $550 is a fair price either so telling the OP that isn't exactly helping.  He couldn't build that gun for anywhere near $550 is what I was getting at because of the extras.  Hell, I'd like to build it and I'm only saving about $150 with the help of BF sales.

"AR pistol, about 300 rounds through it. Chambered in 223 Wylde.
- Spikes lower receiver (Configured for pistol since new) $100 w/ transfer
- CMMG LPK $40 for like BF
- PSA upper receiver $300 no BCG or CH
- Spikes MPI/HPT bolt carrier group $90 for a melonite BCG +/-
- 10.5” FN heavy profile barrel, 1/7 twist  INC
- KAK buffer tube $150 w/ Sig brace
- Sig pistol brace
- Spikes T2 buffer  $28
- BCM ambi charging handle $70 for Raptor right now
- Magpul MBUS Pro flip up iron sights  $60
- Troy quad rail $125-140
- KAK flash can   $35

Totals to $998 +s/h give or take, all totaled in parts the guy spent, and probably more depending on when he bought them.  You could surely come up with a more economical build depending on what you wanted, but $900 is probably a loss for the builder as it sits if I had to guess.  Given the low round count as per the OP, I'd say if he likes the options and can get it for $750-800 he ain't doing half bad if he's in the market because he can't build it for that himself.  

He could get a MOE/Sig brace build kit for $210, a RF/Seekins 10.5" for $375 w/ BCG & CH, and an Anderson lower for $40 shipped (Ask me how I know, but I already have a stripped Spike's).  Total to $625 and need a set of iron sights which he could probably get a set of Magpuls for $50-60 on the EE.  Total under $700 if he doesn't need the upgrades.  I'm sure there's other ways of doing it, but the deal the other guy has wouldn't be bad if he gets him down from the price considering what's there.  Just make sure it runs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
you can get a comparable pistol for $599, then add your handguard of choice, fancy pants charging handle, & sights for $300.

this one is used, $550 is fair. the seller couldn't get $900 if he parted it out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you can get a comparable pistol for $599, then add your handguard of choice, fancy pants charging handle, & sights for $300.

this one is used, $550 is fair. the seller couldn't get $900 if he parted it out.
View Quote

I don't think he could either, but I doubt he'll take $550.  I wouldn't.  Then again, he could be desperate.  $550 is a lowball for what's there, $750 would be a good deal if you like what's there.  If OP can get it cheaper than that, more power to him. Again, he could build any plethora of options cheaper if he wanted, too, depending on what parts he feels he needs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't think he could either, but I doubt he'll take $550.  I wouldn't.  Then again, he could be desperate.  $550 is a lowball for what's there, $750 would be a good deal if you like what's there.  If OP can get it cheaper than that, more power to him. Again, he could build any plethora of options cheaper if he wanted, too, depending on what parts he feels he needs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the $750 being a fair price.  I tend to low ball when dealing with used firearms, worst they can say is no.  I normally start or end with "not trying to insult here" low offer to get the bargaining started.  But at $750 I would be looking at building a new pistol.  Take your time and start researching  and shooting parts. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree with the $750 being a fair price.  I tend to low ball when dealing with used firearms, worst they can say is no.  I normally start or end with "not trying to insult here" low offer to get the bargaining started.  But at $750 I would be looking at building a new pistol.  Take your time and start researching  and shooting parts. Just my 2 cents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putting together one now. DSG Seekins upper, local Spike lower $100, DSG brace and tube, lpk. Will have $750 in it w/o sights.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#10]
$650 for my build. Black friday is your friend.  

And then PSA put up a 9mm pistol kit the other day.......
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Why does it make such a difference if it is used? I get stupid tired of people thinking just because a quality firearm has a few rounds through it, it should be 300 dollars cheaper automatically. You do realize any quality firearm has been fired when released from the manufacturer, right? Essentially it is used. So, if an individual builds a quality build, then test fires it, it should automatically be 3-400 dollars cheaper than what it costs to build? I guess that is just because he doesn't have a manufacturer's license, right? Ridiculous.

My opinion? It's about 750-800 worth.
Primary Arms is killing the used market with their 599 Radical Firearms deals though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree with most of the other replies. You can't come close to building THAT parts list for 550. I'm in the middle of my build now and I'm betting he does have 900 invested in parts. If you want those parts you can buy them yourself and build the riffle or you can offer him 10-15% less retail considering its used. I also think 750-800 is a fair price for both the seller and buyer.

I have found in building my first AR that the parts add up fast... and SHIPPING costs add up fast. I also found that keeping it can be a bit of a PITA getting caught up in endless searching for the absolute best prices on each and every part.... not to mention the HOURS / DAYS / WEEKS researching what parts I wanted on here. For the life of me, I still can not decide on what handguard I want. GRRRRR

Myself, if I was willing to pay 800... I would drop another 100 and get the EXACT parts i wanted and they would all be brand new.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top