Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 5:03:33 PM EDT
http://www.karrisguns.com/catalog/product/b449f93567bf418b83f1f9e38a24cad0

This is the 10.5" AR Pistol build kit I'm looking at, along with an aero lower. Looks like one of the best deals around, but though I would ask the hive before jumping.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
price wise that's a steal; I paid +$70 for the buffer tube, $55 for LPK & $400 for complete
upper; don't know anything about that company, but ask them about warranty,
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They supposedly have a "lifetime" warranty, and comments were good on slickguns.com.

This looks like the cheapest way to configure an aluminum lowered 10.5" pistol AR.

I will eventually upgrade, and multiply the parts into many more AR's, but thought this was a decent jumping off point for first "semi" build.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
*add SB-15 buffer tube for $20, Aero lower for $75 Incl. FF and shipping, and have a decent pistol

Then add SB-15 brace when they undoubtedly go on sale on Black Friday.

Already have a 1-4 scope, and MBUS sights left from other build so I'm done there, right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently built using their Venom 8.25" kit, and an Anderson lower.

My issues may have been the lower, but it took a ton of swearing to get the trigger and hammer pins installed. Never had that issue with any PSA builds.

Also, I ordered the Ergo grip and much to my dismay, it sticks out too far and will not allow the end plate to sit flush. I have an email out to KG to see what they will do.

Lastly, none of my PSA builds had slop. This build does seem to have a bit. Going to try the Oring trick.

Verdict: Seems to be decent quality, especially for the price. Had all the right parts and everything seems to be lined up correctly.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome - I'm pulling the trigger tonight unless I hear otherwise from the hive.

Leaning towards an Aero lower.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a crazy price. You can essentially build an AR for a bit more than the price of a Glock
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
They are semi local to me, I've dealt with them several times with no issues.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top