User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:18:10 PM EDT
New to the forum - great resource!

I'm building what is mentioned in the subject - a 10.5" 300 AAC Pistol
I have everything nailed down (and on order) but one item... the buffer

Since it has a pistol length gas tube, and being a much heavier round than the 5.56, I know that the buffer will play a big part in the weapon functioning as expected.

Just curious if my thinking is right / backwards / or just plain over-thinking this ...

1st - the bolt carrier is the M-16 type - a little more mass

Should / would the H buffer work fine for all rounds (115 gr supersonic all the way to 220 gr subsonic) - or should I have the H2 buffer
or - should I have 2 buffers, ie ; pop in the H2 for the supersonic rounds and the H for subsonic? -or would that be the other way around?

Thx
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Micro MOA Govnah adjustable gas block...  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get the standard buffer. I loaded up some hotter 300blk rounds and noticed the brass ejecting at 3:00. Put a heavier buffer in and they went 4-5:00. Functioned fine either way.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top