Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 7:33:09 PM EDT
I am picking my MK18 up this weekend, it has a little bit longer buffer tube I was told which is nice for the sig brace... but wont it just slide all the way forward on the buffer tube if it doesnt have a blocked out part to keep it back like the KAK tube or am I missing something? Will the DD buffer tube push all the way through the sig brace or is there a stopper inside the sig brace preventing the buffer tube from exiting the rear?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There's no stop in the Sig brace...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Spend the money on a KAK gen 2, you won't likely regret it.  With it it should get you over the magical 26"+ deal.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It might or might not migrate forward, won't know till you shoot it some.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It might or might not migrate forward, won't know till you shoot it some.

- OS
View Quote

All depends where you put pressure on the brace. The center of the buffer tube is where the majority of the pressure is when I am using it, so even on a standard tube it wouldn't move. If you put pressure on the brace it'll slide under recoil
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spend the money on a KAK gen 2, you won't likely regret it.  With it it should get you over the magical 26"+ deal.
View Quote

No need for 26" OAL, its DROS'd as a pistol... but I will check that buffer out for sure if the sig brace starts moving around
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top