Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:51:48 PM EDT
Should have asked this question before ordering, but bought a low mass and seen some where that may have problems with function. I have a 10.5" barrel with carbine gas system. Should I just order a full mass or???? Suggestions welcome.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes full mass m16 type.

Nitride bcg $100 free shipping
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes full mass m16 type.

Nitride bcg $100 free shipping
View Quote

Thanks, will pick up a full mass.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You can run low mass but it may take some tweaking the gas and tuning the buffer spring to get it right for the load you're shooting.
A full Auto BCG will function with a wider variety of loadings than the low mass.
You get more felt recoil with the heavier BCG. The low mass will cycle faster and have less pervceived recoil.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go with the low mass bcg your going to need an adjustable gas block, low mass buffer system and the right kind of ammo. And I believe they work better in barrels 16" or longer. Unless your a competition shooter and that's the way you want to go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep this^

Low mass BCGs are primarily for competition guns.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Try shooting it before you waste money on more parts.  If it doesn't work, then you can worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Since it is on-the-way might as well give it a try. Then you will find out for sure you need a adjustable gas block (or NOT). Sun Devil Mfg. is making a adjustable gas carrier key.

Sound like a better adjustment point and easer to install.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Try shooting it before you waste money on more parts.  If it doesn't work, then you can worry about it.
View Quote
This.  It will probably work just fine.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input guys. I have a couple recent builds with full mass bcg with less than 50 rds on them that I can swap it out with, if it doesn't work. It was an impulse buy anyway

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the input, but the low mass bcg worked flawless. I have only test fired 5 rounds this evening after I completed the build in the back yard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear it.
I'm planing a lightweight build and will be getting a low mass carrier and adjustable gas block for a 3 gun AR.

Let us know your impressions once you get a chance to shoot it some more.

Enjoy it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Glad to hear it.
I'm planing a lightweight build and will be getting a low mass carrier and adjustable gas block for a 3 gun AR.

Let us know your impressions once you get a chance to shoot it some more.

Enjoy it.

View Quote

Thanks, I didn't go with adj GB. Lucked out I guess. I ran some 223 I had loose on my dresser. May over gas with 556, don't know? The only reason I even went low mass was I picked up a VDI life coat pretty cheap.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top