Posted: 10/18/2014 6:00:43 PM EDT
PSA upper receiver and build kit
Integrity Arms 1:7 10.5" Barrel
A2 flash hider
KAC RAS rail
Spiked lower
PSA LPK
Sig Brace
Eotech 512 (now sporting an Aimpoint PRO though...)
PSA M16 profile BCG
Standard carbine buffer

Shoots great, loud as any other, but def fun!

" />

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Here, embedded.

Very very nice. One suggestion, I bet if you put a more upright grip on that baby like one of the Magpul K2s, you'd be very pleased with the improved ergonomics.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here, embedded.

Very very nice. One suggestion, I bet if you put a more upright grip on that baby like one of the Magpul K2s, you'd be very pleased with the improved ergonomics.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/1976firebird/backup07-14-2014004_zps12c46a62.jpg

- OS
View Quote

Yep. That grip angle is uncomfortable for such a short LOP setup. In addition to the K2, the BCM Mod 0/1/2/3 grips also have a more vertical angle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the bayonet mount but not the fsb, How do you hold the pistol to get a good pic with the eo at the rear of the rail? I thought the longer the line of sight the better aim. I threw the eo way forward on my rig.
If you have short arms then I retract my question.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here, embedded.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/1976firebird/backup07-14-2014004_zps12c46a62.jpg

- OS
View Quote

Thanks for the suggestion, for me though, the standard MOE doesn't feel too uncomfortable. I may pickup a K2 if I see one in one of my LGS's to give it a try though!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep. That grip angle is uncomfortable for such a short LOP setup. In addition to the K2, the BCM Mod 0/1/2/3 grips also have a more vertical angle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here, embedded.

- OS

As noted in my other response, the grip angle isnt too bad for me. I may try one of the K2's though. Its the small details that add up to make something very fun!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like the bayonet mount but not the fsb, How do you hold the pistol to get a good pic with the eo at the rear of the rail? I thought the longer the line of sight the better aim. I threw the eo way forward on my rig.
If you have short arms then I retract my question.
View Quote

Hahaha! Yeah, I really enjoy the A2 FSB. Not many do these days, but its something I have always liked. The bayo lug is pretty much useless though on this, I just decided to leave it.

The Eotech did well where it was placed (I shoulder the brace) so the sight picture is the same on this as my carbine, just with a shorter LOP.

It now sports an Aimpoint PRO, which I like better for this short setup.

Lastly, the brace is temporary until I form 1 the lower, and turn it into an SBR.

This was just a project for fun and to give my wife (who is tiny) something to shoot with me. It will eventually wear the ACE AR-UL-E stock, and the small B5 system hand gaurds. Should be a pretty comfortable setup and very very light for her.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This was just a project for fun and to give my wife (who is tiny) something to shoot with me. It will eventually wear the ACE AR-UL-E stock, and the small B5 system hand gaurds. Should be a pretty comfortable setup and very very light for her.
View Quote
The BCM Mod 0 grip is pretty small - small diameter and short vertically. I've tried it and the K2, and IIRC, the BCM Mod 0 is smaller.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The BCM Mod 0 grip is pretty small - small diameter and short vertically. I've tried it and the K2, and IIRC, the BCM Mod 0 is smaller.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will check it out for sure!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, correction; I was thinking of the MOE K grip which a friend of mine uses - that thing is tiny. I think the BCM Mod 0 is also small - both of them don't have the portion that rides up against the back of the lower receiver, which makes it easier for people with smaller hands to comfortably reach the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestion, for me though, the standard MOE doesn't feel too uncomfortable. I may pickup a K2 if I see one in one of my LGS's to give it a try though!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here, embedded.

- OS

I thought the same thing until I picked up a Magpul K grip, a world of difference. Now if they would just make a + version of the K or K2 I would be set. I really like the MOE+ on my other rifles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good.

Use the bayonet lug for a light mount.  

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/497814/promag-ar-15-bayonet-lug-picatinny-accessory-rail
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here, embedded.

Very very nice. One suggestion, I bet if you put a more upright grip on that baby like one of the Magpul K2[/b]s, you'd be very pleased with the improved ergonomics.

- OS
View Quote

Just bought a K2 this afternoon for $19. Seems to improve the angle a bit, but not as much as I thought. We will see how she likes it next time we get to the range!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top