Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2014 7:39:29 AM EDT

ALG EMR 12" Rail (Giessele affiliated) 7.84oz !!
10.5" 5.45x39 1:8 Balistic Advantage Melonite bbl from AimSurplus
KAK Flash Can
Magpul K2 low angle pistol grip
Magpul MBUS
Thordsen Customs ENHANCED AR PISTOL BUILDERS PACKAGE
Primary Arms MRD on 1/3 Cowitness QD mount
Bushmaster Lower
BCM CH
PSA Upper/BCG/LPK

Kind of a budget build using some lower cost components.
Keeps it affordable to own and shoot.
This will be used with modified Window pmags. And about a dozen tins of 7N6
The bolt, bbl , gas block are all coated and the muzzle device is a $35 solid Aluminum piece.
Just intended to push blast downrange and clear the end of the rail. Give +26" OAL so classified as "Firearm" and VFG can be used but probably won't. I like the slimness of the rail like it is. Maybe an AFG, dunno.

The Thordsen Customs buffer tube and cover is like the SIG SB15 in that they have ATF letters saying it's not a stock, ok to use from shoulder, blah blah blah. I already have a SIG brace 300 blk pistol and wanted to try this one too. Multiple sling mount options and storage tubes for batteries and what not.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  How much 7N6 you sitting on?  I still see plenty out there, it just isn't cheap anymore.
I was going back and forth on the Thorsden tube cover and saddle, but ultimately pulled the trigger on an SBX.  I really like the look of the Thorsden cover with the saddle though, so another build may be in the future.
The KAK flashcan looks good recessed in that handguard too.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of a waste of 7N6 if you ask me
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
This is exactly what I am looking at building. This is a sweet setup. Have you had any function issues or drawbacks you have found? With lowers out there right now in the $39 bucks arena I've been thinking about this alot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]

It runs great, very mild recoil, noticeable reduction in blast from my braked 16" 545 M&P.

Video to come later today. Velocity of 7N6 from16" is 2960, from 10.5" is 2700.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Was the penguin involved in any of the test fires?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Had this pistol out zeroing as a 3rd backup to my 8" 300 blk pistol and REM 788 308 Carbine for next weekends firearm deer opener. I like the PA dot but have had a repeated issue with the QD riser base coming loose. It has a weird adjustment nut on the other side with a fixed detent pin. It is either so tight it won't install and latch on the upper or it's sloppy loose. It doesn't really need to be QD I guess, might just swap it for a fixed one. Also the dot it pretty large at 50yds. I initially zeroed at 25yds, standard BUIS combat zero and it was right on. you can't really brag on a guns ability at 25yds but it was chewing one hole there. Went back to 50 and my old peepers had a hard time picking up the target POI consistently due to dot size. I know it's minute of deer but was disappointed in my grouping compared to the 25yd one-holer. It was also snowing like crazy too. Rang a series of six 6" plates in order from 50 so it is on regardless. I will have 50yd shot max this year due to the blind I am using.

Info on my Deer Habitat thread check here; http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_23/666913_Transforming_a_Scotch_Pine_jungle_.html
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody on youtube asked for comparison pics to some Rifle Stocks, sharing them here too.
M4

Magpul
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top